DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Samsung GALAXY S4 Launch – Available in Store

Samsung’s highly anticipated GALAXY S4 will be available in select Telstra Stores on the 27th of April. With very limited number of handsets available in stores only, you’ll have to be quick to get yourself one of the year’s most anticipated phones.

When is the GALAXY S4 available to buy online?

The GALAXY S4 is now available online as at 26 April, 2013. Get your order in today, shipping starts on Thursday 2nd May More information about this is available here.

You can place your pre-order here,

When will the GALAXY S4 be available in store?

Saturday the 27th of April. 

GALAXY S4 Pricing for Consumer Customers

The S4 will be available to purchase on the $80 Every Day Connect Plan with a $6 handset repayment per month (after using an included MRO Bonus). This includes $800 worth of standard national calls and MMS plus unlimited text messaging to standard Australian numbers and 1.5GB of data for use in Australia. Min cost over 24 months is $2064. (2 minute standard call $2.38, excess data usage $0.10/MB with no data pack.)

GALAXY S4 Pricing for Business Customers

Business customers can purchase the S4 on the $80 Business Performance Plan with a $7 handset repayment per month (after using an included MRO Bonus) with $800 worth of standard national calls and MMS plus unlimited text messaging to standard Australian numbers and 1.5GB of data for use in Australia. Min cost over 24 months is $2,088.

Will I be able to purchse the GALAXY S4 outright?

Yes. The SGS4 will be available to selct Telstra stores to purchase outright for $816

The Telstra stores ranging the GALAXY S4 from April 27 are listed below.

Victoria

Melbourne ICON, Bourke St

Chadstone

Southland

Doncaster

Knox

Chirnside Park

Fountain Gate

Waurn Ponds

NSW

Sydney ICON, George St

Miranda

Bondi

East Maitland

Penrith

Wollongong

ACT

Canberra

Queensland

Queens Plaza, Brisbane

Carindale

Chermside

Robina

Mt Gravatt

Helensvale

Indooroopilly

Tasmania

Hobart

South Australia

Rundle Mall, Adelaide

West Lakes

Marion

Western Australia

Hay Street

Joondalup

Booragoon

Rockingham

*Edited to correct the handset repayment option for consumer customers on the $80 Freedom Connect Plan from $7 to $6 and to update the total minimum cost from $2088 to $2064**

**Edited to correct cost of a standard national call from $2.11 to $2.38 for the Freedom Connect Plan. Updated excess data charges from $2.00 to $0.10 per MB within Australia**

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
JadGTST33
Observer

Re: Samsung GALAXY S4 launch – limited stock, in-store only

Itching to find out list of stores!
Anci1990
Just Registered

How limited is limited and when does the next batch after this "limited" one come to Telstra?

AlastairBateman
Level 2: Rookie

I think that's a way of saying "don't blame us if you line up and don't get one". Or prepare for Samsung to claim they've "sold out in record time". 🙂

alvinlow

Hi Telstra,

If your official pricing is starting from $80 plan plus $7 monthly handset, you will need to do better to keep existing customers. Other telcos are offering much lower pricing starting $60 plan a month. Hopefully the article was incorrect. Only time will tell.

gintekram
Level 6: Bloodhound

Telstra stores ranging the Samsung GALAXY S4 from 27 April:

Victoria

Melbourne ICON, Bourke St

Chadstone

Southland

Doncaster

Knox

Chirnside Park

Fountain Gate

Waurn Ponds

NSW

Sydney ICON, George St

Miranda

Bondi

East Maitland

Penrith

Wollongong

ACT

Canberra

Queensland

Queens Plaza, Brisbane

Carindale

Chermside

Robina

Mt Gravatt

Helensvale

Indooroopilly

Tasmania

Hobart

South Australia

Rundle Mall, Adelaide

West Lakes

Marion

Western Australia

Hay Street

Joondalup

Booragoon

Rockingham

Source: http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2013/04/24/samsungs-new-galaxy-to-land-on-27-april/

millview

Re: Samsung GALAXY S4 Launch – Available in Store

This was just sent from Samsung Australia to advise of the S4 release.

Why is Telstra so much more expensive and restrictive. Surely the competition out there in the marketplace would make Telstra try and match or even come close to the other providers. This is a huge difference. 😞

OPTUS

67 per month

$60 Optus Plan + $7 monthly handset payment (after $20 monthly handset credit)

Total minimum cost over 24 months is $1,608

TELSTRA

$87 per month

$80 Everyday Connect Plan + $7 monthly handset payment (after using MRO bonus)

Total minimum is $2,088

VODAPHONE

$65 per month

$5 per month on our $60 plan.

Total minimum cost over 24months $1,560

VIRGIN

From $61 per month

BIG PLAN $59 + $7 handset repayments (for new Virgin Mobile customers)

Big Plan $59 + $2 handset repayments (Mates Rates for exisiting Virgin Mobile Customers)

Total minimum cost over 24 months $1,584 ( new customer) / $1,464 ( Mates Rates)

harveyn50
Observer

Keen to get this phone but to only allow the $80 plan? No, that's ridiculous. I can wait till the $60 plan is available to get the phone. Better yet, it's only 2 weeks till my plan with Telstra ends, I'll just go with the other providers on Saturday and pay the $$ to finish with Telstra. Better than than pay $20 extra a month over the next two years....

DanielM
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Don't believe everything you read in the news! Pricing has been officially released and it is available on the $60 for an extra $13, $80 plan for extra $6. No doubt the $80 plan is what it would most likely just be advertised with.

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobile-phones/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s4/

pstevensx
Observer

I went into the Fountain Gate store (apparently ranging the GALAXY S4 from April 27) today to be told that they and some of the other stores mentioned above (in Vic) would not be receiving any units until next weekend.

They said they won't even be having a demo handset for the official launch day!

Can you confirm whether this is true?

Slika
Just Registered

I also went to Fountain Gate store today on level 2.

Was told they are NOT getting the phones until the following weekend regardless of this article saying they are getting it on the 27th. 

I can wait another week, no worries, but dont tell us they will have it on that date if they won't.

As for pricing, I once left Telstra because I saw a previous handset $20 a month cheaper with Vodafone with a heap of extras too. Would have given it all back and back paid the $20 a month if I could have had the coverage that I had previously had with Telstra. 

LeoRX
Observer

don't be so sad,  there was only 16 handsets available at Doncaster... 

if this is a joke, it isn't funny.

gerdschenkel
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hard to say when the next batch will arrive. We manage stock with Samsung on a weekly basis.
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit