Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Samsung GALAXY S4 Pre-Order Available

The Samsung GALAXY S4 is now available to pre-order online with free shipping around Australia. Stock is limited for the popular device. The intent of this post is to provide information about your pre-order and delivery of your new phone with Telstra.

What does ‘Pre-Order’ mean?

The Samsung GALAXY S4 stock is limited. Online pre-order is a great way to secure your Samsung GALAXY S4. 

We’ll start shipping orders from Thursday 2nd May. Standard delivery is within two to five business days from when it’s shipped.

Am I guaranteed to receive my order?

We’ll only take pre-orders when we know we have stock available. So once it’s submitted and successfully processed, your order will be sent to you on or soon after the shipping date. Expected delivery timeframes are specified in the confirmation email you’ll receive after submitting your pre-order.

Our purchasing process includes some eligibility checks to protect the privacy and security of your order, including credit checks.

If your order is declined, unfortunately it hasn’t met all of our eligibility checks and we can’t complete it. You’ll receive an email to the address you provided when submitting your order which confirms this. In the meantime, your order has been closed and any amount charged will be refunded to the credit card you used when placing the order.

If you need to contact us about a declined order, please call us on 1300 131 113.  Depending on why your order was declined, you may be able to apply in store from Saturday 27th April when the Samsung GALAXY S4 launches.

Important: If you did not receive your order confirmation email, please ensure you check your junk email or spam folder and/or add “onlineorder@online.telstra.com.au” to your safe senders list.

What if I’m not home at the time of delivery?

Should nobody be home, your order will be taken to the nearest Australia Post Office. Read More    

I want a new Samsung GALAXY S4. I’m currently under contract with Telstra on a 24 month mobile plan.

What extra costs will I pay if I recontract now?

If you cancel your Plan before your minimum term’s ended, you must pay an early termination charge (ETC).  The ETC can be different for every individual plan and mobile handset, so we can’t provide an estimate here. To find out what your ETC is, call 1800 303 302, chat to us online https://livechat.telstra.com/TSOSmiley SurprisednlineSmiley FrustratedhopSmiley Tongueost-Paid or visit a Telstra store  near you.

I’m a new Telstra customer and want to bring my existing number with me? What do I need to do?

Telstra will manage this with your existing carrier. Once you’ve received your order, call 1300 131 113 to have your SIM card activated. More details can be found at Switching your mobile to Telstra.  

Our activation and porting from other carriers is normally completed within 4 hours of the order. However, sometimes due to high demand or awaiting confirmation from your service provider it can take up to two business days. The porting process relies on your old carrier "letting you go" and only operates on business days during business hours.

Can I pre-order more than one Samsung GALAXY S4?

You can only submit one pre-order at a time. This means one Samsung GALAXY S4 on an Every Day Connect Plan (Small, Medium, Large or X-Large).  If you want more than one Samsung GALAXY S4 on a plan, you’ll need to submit additional pre-orders.  Eligible business customers with an ABN/ACN can pre-order up to 3 Samsung GALAXY S4s on a Business Performance Handset Plan from the Telstra Business shop 

Where can I pre-order the Samsung GALAXY S4?

Pre-orders are ONLY available fromTelstra Online and Telstra Business Online (for eligible business customers with an ABN/ACN) and stock is strictly limited.

What are the pre-order prices and plans for the Samsung GALAXY S4? 

The Samsung GALAXY S4 is available for pre-order on a Telstra Every Day Connect Plan.  It is not available for outright purchase on a pre-order.

To view details and pricing options for a Samsung GALAXY S4 on a Telstra Every Day Connect Plan, go to the Telstra Online Shop now and get free delivery. 

After I place my pre-order, will Telstra contact me again?

Within a few minutes of submitting your pre-order, you’ll receive an email confirming all the details. If your online application is successful, your pre-order will be processed and as your order is being dispatched, we’ll email you again to let you know it’s on the way.  

(If you don’t receive these emails, you might want to check your junk email or spam folder).

All orders are subject to a Telstra’s standard acceptance criteria. If your order does not meet the eligibility criteria, we’ll send you an email, explaining your order has been declined.

If something on the order requires confirmation before it can be processed, we’ll contact you via phone.

If you’re unable to contact me via phone, what happens next?

Telstra will contact you twice and if you are unable to answer we’ll attempt to leave you a voice message

On first attempt if we are unable to reach you we’ll leave you a message indicating the time we’ll attempt to contact you again.

On second attempt if we are unable to reach you we’ll leave you a message indicating to call us back on 1300 131 113. If we don’t hear back from you within 48 hours from the time we attempted to contact you your pre-order will be cancelled and you’ll receive an email advising of the cancellation.  If the pre-order is still required, you’ll need to resubmit via the Telstra Online Shop OR apply over the phone or in store from Saturday 27th April when the Samsung GALAXY S4 has been released

I’m buying a Samsung GALAXY S4 from another supplier, so how can I use it on the Telstra network?

You can buy a either a BYO/SIM only mobile plan or a prepaid starter kit via the Telstra Online Shop. The Samsung GALAXY S4 requires a Micro SIM so be sure to ensure you select this during your purchase.

Still got questions about Samsung GALAXY S4?

Pre-order information for Business Customers is available here.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Samsung GALAXY S4 Pre-Order Available

Can I pre-order the phone for outright payments?

Also, when are your other stores getting stock, every single Tesltra store selling the S4 sold out by the time they opened today.

Worst launch ever, even worse than the iPhone launches.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit