John1974
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung Galaxy S5 S5 SM-G900I or S5 SM-G900F

Answered

Hi everyone,

I was looking at buying my next phone outright (Samsung Galaxy S5) and wanted to make the most of the Telstra 4G network.

Which model should i buy?

S5 SM-G900I

or

S5 SM-G900F

The 900I has access to 700mhz frequency so I am leaning towards that.

When I look at Telstra's website:

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobiles-on-a-plan/samsung-galaxy-s5

for 4G it says:

FDD APT700/850/900/1800/1900/2100/2600 & TDD 2300 

so which model is this?

Just want to make the right choice.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 S5 SM-G900I or S5 SM-G900F

Well John, you haven't said where you are buying outright, but the two models you've flagged there are:

S5 SM-G900F ... Thats the Europe model, whilst the S5 SM-G900I is the Asian model. There are also other designations for korea and other areas.

The S5 SM-G900I model would be the one that i'd be looking at, as the asian models are normally in smartphones from all makers the right ones for use in Australia.

You can see the range and specs at the following link: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-6033.php

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DEANJA
Accepted Solution

Well John, you haven't said where you are buying outright, but the two models you've flagged there are:

S5 SM-G900F ... Thats the Europe model, whilst the S5 SM-G900I is the Asian model. There are also other designations for korea and other areas.

The S5 SM-G900I model would be the one that i'd be looking at, as the asian models are normally in smartphones from all makers the right ones for use in Australia.

You can see the range and specs at the following link: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-6033.php

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

View solution in original post

John1974
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you

DEANJA

You're welcome and enjoy whatever you decide to buy.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit