Huggogguh
Level 2: Rookie

Samsung Galaxy SII 4G ROMs

Answered
Hi guys, I was just looking for some advice on ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy SII 4G.
I'm getting slightly frustrated with the continuous postponements of the promise of an ICS update, and I little disappointed with the idea that Jelly Bean may not even be officially available for this model.
So I was looking for any information from you knowledgeable people out there, about any ICS or Jelly Bean based ROMs that would be compatible with my model? If you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4G ROMs

@Huggogguh wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to actually reply Ben. I'm sorry if it seems as I'm promoting mods like that for mobile devices, because I am definitely not. If you don't know what you are doing then procedures like that can be unpredictable and you could very well end up with an extremely expensive paper-weight. I also didn't mean to make out that I have no idea what I'm doing, I've had some experience developing. The purpose of my post was merely to enquire if anyone had found working firmware, because I hadn't been able to in my searches.

I'll chat with the moderators and see what they think about having these posts, the only reason I'm worried is because I can forsee a time where someone manages to turn their phone into a paperweight, and suddenly blame Telstra or CrowdSupport for it 😛

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Ben_F

Whilst I'm not in a position to provide an update (I'm sure someone will in due course) I feel obligated to remind all reading this that unauthorised modifications of your device can cause irrepairable damage, and will likely void your warranty. If you aren't sure what you are doing, you shouldn't jailbreak or root your phone, or used unauthorised software.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

haydencoonan
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Whilst I'm definitely with Ben this, I think the fact that even the least techie minded folk are willing to try anything to get the best out of their phone is speaking volumes to Samsung's failures...

I live in hope the update will improve battery life..it's pretty dismal atm!

Huggogguh

Thank you for taking the time to actually reply Ben. I'm sorry if it seems as I'm promoting mods like that for mobile devices, because I am definitely not. If you don't know what you are doing then procedures like that can be unpredictable and you could very well end up with an extremely expensive paper-weight. I also didn't mean to make out that I have no idea what I'm doing, I've had some experience developing. The purpose of my post was merely to enquire if anyone had found working firmware, because I hadn't been able to in my searches.

I have to agree with hayden as well, the battery is atrocious.

Ben_F
Accepted Solution

@Huggogguh wrote:

I'll chat with the moderators and see what they think about having these posts, the only reason I'm worried is because I can forsee a time where someone manages to turn their phone into a paperweight, and suddenly blame Telstra or CrowdSupport for it 😛

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

haydencoonan
Level 13: Super Sleuth

I wouldnt be too worried, Ben..every time root/flash etc gets mentioned, a pretty quick disclaimer comes up about the inherant risks associated..  if people are then dumb enough..well, own fault..;)

Huggogguh

That's completely understandable 😛 I'm sorry if I've made too much trouble for you.
Ben_F

@Huggogguh wrote:
That's completely understandable 😛 I'm sorry if I've made too much trouble for you.

Never any trouble, and I don't mind the discussion personally, until the Moderation Team decide if they want the posts or not. Don't stop on my count (hey, I'm just a Telstra Customer and Community Member, just like you 😛 )

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from, its refreshing from what I tend to get when I voice an unpopular opinion around Warranties 😛

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Huggogguh

Thanks for that, let me know what the Moderators think. No problem at all Ben, I never meant any harm and sometimes I think people aren't really aware how serious Warranties are. Its good to know that there are guys out there like you who are willing to go out on a limb and remind others of that 🙂 thanks for all the support Ben 🙂

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit