kani24
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung S2 - can send texts but can't receive from Vodafone only

Hi - my samsung s2 can receive texts from Telecom just fine. I can send texts to all networks just fine. BUT I cannot receive any Vodafone text messages at all.

It's so frustrating!! I just spent a long weekend away with no contact from friends and family. 

I've taken out battery but it still won't receive Vodafone text messages (although my Vodafone buddies can receive my messages??!)

Hope someone can help!

Kani

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
JCKH
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Samsung S2 - can send texts but can't receive from Vodafone only

Hi Kani24,

I've been assisting a few customers with this particular issue over the last year or so. I will PM you to advise on what we can do to get you sorted Smiley Happy

Cheers

Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
KHC007

I am having the same problem. I can send sms to any network, but can only receive sms from Telstra. I haven't received any sms from Optus for the last 3 days and not sure about Vodafone. I've tried turning the phone off and removing the battery and sim for a few minutes, but still nothing comes through when I turn it back on. Is there an easy solution in order to start recieving sms from every network again?

Thanks.

laststraw23
Level 2: Rookie

i had this issue when I ported my number from Vodafone to Telstra. Mine was because Vodafone didn't release the number properly.

it would take Telstra a few days to fix the problem since Telstra needs to go through a proper chanel to sort it out with vodafone. Instead, I "talked" to vodafone "nicely", then it was fixed within 2 hours.

Maddy52

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 and i have only found out that i have only been receiving some text messages! I have missed really important things.

HELP ME!!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit