BJK
Level 1: Cadet

SGS2 -Random music (Ringtone)

HI

In the last few days my SGS2 starts randomly playing a ringtone (Pegasus)......I've never selected this ringtone....it's not for a phone call, email or message.

It does not stop....I have to turn the volume down........to stop it I have to reboot the phone. It's then good for some hours then starts again.

Also if I'm listening to say TuneIn Radio it overides it.......normally an incoming call overides this app

I did upgrade to ICS some weeks ago without problem

Any help appreciated.....It's driving me insane (looks like a factory reset maybe required)

Regards

Brian Kelly

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
QwertFu
Level 12: Master Detective

Re: SGS2 -Random music (Ringtone)

Now THAT's an odd one. Couldn't explain it.

Try a full restore if possible. This link should have the software to do it. Let us know if you have any trouble.

cheers

I'm glad I can offer help, but please note all posts are my personal advice or opinion and do not necessarily reflect the view or policy of Telstra.
Lathania
Level 21: Augmented

That's definately a very interesting issue lol. Did you install any applications or something soon before it started? Other than that QwertFu is on the ball with the reset. Next step would be Ghost Busters.
Lathania

Hi Lathania

Thanks... The only software was a barcode scanner.....it passed the Outlook Security scan

With a factory reset  I assume I will loose all apps.......and logging into Google Play will automatically recover them?

Will info on my external Microusb also be deleted?

Brian

QwertFu
Level 12: Master Detective

The restore should create a backup for you. With Android however, check with the manufacturer as each has their own backup software, and all are slightly different.

I'm glad I can offer help, but please note all posts are my personal advice or opinion and do not necessarily reflect the view or policy of Telstra.
jmhent
Level 1: Cadet

OMG.. I have had the same thing also except mine plays OVER THE HORIZON..

It started last night at dinner then I had one in the middle of the night..

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit