Museent
Level 1: Cadet

Sierra Wireless 760S issue

I have a Sierra Wirelss 760S device and a Pre-Paid Broadband SIM. The device works very well, but intermittently falls off the internet. It is well connected to the network, but no Internet access. Sometime after quite some time it will connect again, but generally I have to turn it off and reset it, then it flys..... for a short time.

I bought this modem outright earlier this year, and at that stage on a casual plan and worked well. I travelled overseas recently, cancelled my casual plan, and unlocked the modem to use it overseas.... On return I tried an Optus 4G Sim, which worked well in capital cities, but kept disconnecting. I blamed Optus. I have just returned to Telstra and the same thing is happening. I have spent hours on the phone with Telstra support and have reset the modem in all possible wasy as well as ther service. I feel it may now be the hardware...... anyone help?

Museent

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sierra Wireless 760S issue

Hi Museent, if you have exhausted all avenues of troubleshooting over the phone then I would suggest the next step is to have it looked at by either Telstra or the manufacturer for a fault.

You can do this by dropping into a Telstra store and having it sent to our repair centre. I know we have loan phones for situations like these but I am fairly certain we don't have loan broadband devices so you would likely be without the service for the time it is being looked at.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit