Alanunhappy
Level 2: Rookie

SMS messages failing with my telstra app too

Answered

Since early morning sms message outgoing have failed along with the my telstra app keeping closing. Making it impossible to send a message or submit contact/,issue submission as telsra call centre and pages say to do.

Important business information information unable be sent. Calls can be made but no SMS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: SMS messages failing with my telstra app too

Not sure that the Telstra app problem is related to the SMS issue as they are different systems.

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. I had a lot of apps update in the past 48 hours and some of them have been crashing since then.

The SMS issue would appear to be geographically restricted, so I would be leaning towards a hardware failure in the part of the system that looks after Greater Western Sydney as I haven't seen any complaints here that are outside of that area.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Jupiter

What model device are you using?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Beranghi
Level 1: Cadet

We're having the same problem, "Calls but no SMS postcode 2750. Also the self testing site on internet via computer won't accept any address input so cannot even check out that way. No outages listed on official site

Ezi1

Same issue with calls but no SMS since early today postcode 2155. Seems to be Telstra to Telstra in area. 3 hours an phone with support, no help. Escalating to level 2 and take 24-48 hours for them to contact me. No way for a business to run. Not good enough Telstra.

Alanunhappy

I am using Samsung note 9.

It was intermittent then totally since 3.30 am 

Postcode 2759. Though my colleagues other areas same problem

Alanunhappy

Telstra app failing as well as sms issue 

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Not sure that the Telstra app problem is related to the SMS issue as they are different systems.

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. I had a lot of apps update in the past 48 hours and some of them have been crashing since then.

The SMS issue would appear to be geographically restricted, so I would be leaning towards a hardware failure in the part of the system that looks after Greater Western Sydney as I haven't seen any complaints here that are outside of that area.

View solution in original post

Alanunhappy

Thanks for responses.

There is nothing reported by telstra regarding any disruptions in area. Geographically or otherwise and they say 45 mins+ call help wait time. 

As others indicating cost business to deal with but also actual customer business

Jupiter

Just because it isn't listed on the outage page doesn't mean that there isn't one unfortunately. I've just checked Downdetector and the Telstra Twitter Feeds and it would appear to be more widespread (western Victoria also appears to have a slight problem), although not a huge number of people complaining. Gippsland and Melbourne appear to be ok as I've been receiving and sending OK all day.

Beranghi

when I raised a fault through the telstra ap they admitted that there is a problem affecting parts of NSW & Vic, which they are looking into. Still no joy at 2750. They don't like to admit too quickly to there being a problem in case they have to make financial reparations!!!

Alanunhappy

Thank you for update.

Of course like many occasions they will avoid compensation  for impact blaming natural disaster-rain. And not admit poor service 

Will await resumption of services 

Beranghi

We finally have service resumption around 19.00hrs this evening, but there was never a listing of service outage or admission on any public Telstra website that I could find

Claire27

I am in Brisbane and at 2150 got a dump of text messages, one definetly sent by my manager around 7am this morning  asking me to do something she is now probably wondering why I didn't do.  I also had trouble sending a text around 2pm that kept failing to send. Calls were fine.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit