elohel
Level 2: Rookie

Software update tool not working

Seems like the software update tool on your site doesn't work...  there is no where to select my phone...

When will it be fixed?

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/device-updates/bd-p/Device-Updates

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Software update tool not working

That's not a tool to update a phone. It's purely a site that used to list when the updates were coming out. It hasn't been maintained for a few years.

Which phone are you looking for?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
elohel

Yes I am aware of that, but I want to know when the next update for S20 FE 5G is going to come out.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

https://www.sammobile.com/news/another-update-rolls-out-improve-galaxy-s20-fe-touchscreen-stability/...  might give you some information..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
elohel

That article though doesn't mention the date and/or stage of Telstra testing for the AU version, that's why I would like to hear from Telstra what the progress is?

SteveW_52

Considering you hadn't had any luck so far, it might be somewhere to start doing some sleuthing..

Did you look at the firmware page? Where they show where the new firmware is currently in place and where.

Telstra will just roll out what they get, when they are happy with it..  They are not usually at the bleeding edge with updates..

I would have thought the Samsung would manage their own firmware updates, like other manufacturers do?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter

You won't get any updates from Telstra re the progress of testing. There are just too many to test for them to have time to provide updates, and it just leads to false expectations (we've been though it all before).

Have a look at Download Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G SM-G781B firmware (sammobile.com) which will tell you when new firmware has started rolling out. Given the timings of the last firmware rollout, you should see updated firmware within the next 2 weeks.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
elohel

Just seems silly that Telstra have a software update progress page if they are not going to maintain it, better to just remove it!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit