Iron_Pi
Level 1: Cadet

Sony Xperia Z back glass coming unglued

Answered

Hi All,

I have had the Xperia Z now for a few months, and I hope for many more. But there is an issue that has come to my attention when the back glass is no longer flat on the back.

After some researching I found a post on the XDA forums about this issue and found a lot of people have been experiencing this issue. Some have even talked about how this will make the phone no longer waterproof if the back glass isn’t completely sealed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2304680

My Xperia Z is on a contract with Telstra.

Few questions:

1. Am I entitled to have the device repaired, or replace?
  2. Which business takes responsibility for the warranty of the device? The device is from Telstra, so I would assume Telstra?
  3. How do I return the device to be repaired or replaced?
  4. How can I continue to contact people using my number while the device is being look at by Telstra/Sony?
  5. How long should I expect this to be resolved?
  6. How long does Telstra have from the time of (Official) contact do they have to have the issue fully resolved?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Sony Xperia Z back glass coming unglued

Hi,

It's not good to hear that the glass backing has come off. If your phone is still covered under warranty you can take it into a Telstra store and go through the warranty replacement/repair process to have your device fixed.

While the device is being repaired/replaced you will be given a loan phone to place your SIM in to use in the meantime. I can't confirm how long this will take to be resolved as it will depend on what needs to be done.

The rest of the information you seek you'll be able to obtain in the Telstra store when taking your device in.

I hope this helps.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi,

It's not good to hear that the glass backing has come off. If your phone is still covered under warranty you can take it into a Telstra store and go through the warranty replacement/repair process to have your device fixed.

While the device is being repaired/replaced you will be given a loan phone to place your SIM in to use in the meantime. I can't confirm how long this will take to be resolved as it will depend on what needs to be done.

The rest of the information you seek you'll be able to obtain in the Telstra store when taking your device in.

I hope this helps.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Iron_Pi

Thanks Matt! Very Helpful.

I will go to my local Telstra Store tonight. I am sure I will keep the community updated on the results.

Iron_Pi

I have been to the local store. They have taken my phone, and I have received a loan phone. Although the loan phone's charger that they have provided is not the correct one for the phone, I have found another mobile which will work just as good.

Hope to have the glue for the glass fixed soon.

Iron_Pi

Final update:

Telstra called me on Wednesday to say the phone is back at the store and repaired.

Had family go pick it up and return the loan phone. No issues

Phone works and repaired as expected, 10/10 Telstra. Not even a week and issue is resolved.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit