JPJ13
Level 1: Cadet

Stay connected

Answered

I applied for the stay connected receieved the refurbished phone the next day ! I currently work in the mining industry the old phone fell into live working plant I physically couldn't retrieve the phone to send it back ? Telstra I trying to charge me $1100 for not sending the old phone back ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Stay connected

If you bought your device before the 27th August 2019, then you get charged "fair market value" of the device if you fail to return it within 14 days.

If you bought your device after the 27th August 2019, you get charged either $190 (phone value <$1500) or $270 (phone value >$1500) for the non-return of the device.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

If you bought your device before the 27th August 2019, then you get charged "fair market value" of the device if you fail to return it within 14 days.

If you bought your device after the 27th August 2019, you get charged either $190 (phone value <$1500) or $270 (phone value >$1500) for the non-return of the device.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

jhwiz
Level 19: Deputy Director

@Jupiter is correct, Stay Connected Advanced only requires return of the handset if you have it in your possession, if you don't return it Telstra will IMEI block it and just charge you the normal exchange or replace fee depending on the RRP of the registered device, you might need to complete a Statutory Deceleration also.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit