jrdobson1
Level 4: Private Eye

stop receiving email

Answered

Is it possible to stop emails on my phone without getting telstra to bar them?   Then reactivate them when I choose?  If I have to call another call centre I will screammmm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: stop receiving email

Is it possible to stop emails on my phone without getting telstra to bar them?

Of course.

Simply delete the email account setup on your phone, such that the phone will no longer know how or from where to collect your email. (That should have no impact on your account with your email service provider.)

Or you can leave the email account setup on your phone, but give it an incorrect password, so that any attempt by your phone to collect your email on your behalf will fail. It may be annoying, though, it you keep getting a pop-up or prompt asking you for the correct password.

Then reactivate them when I choose?

Sure. Just fix up the email account settings then.

I have an android phone

An LG Optimus Spirit? The User Guide for that can be found here (link), and the instructions for deleting email accounts and changing account settings are on page 47.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
jrdobson1

I have an android phone
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to stop emails on my phone without getting telstra to bar them?

Of course.

Simply delete the email account setup on your phone, such that the phone will no longer know how or from where to collect your email. (That should have no impact on your account with your email service provider.)

Or you can leave the email account setup on your phone, but give it an incorrect password, so that any attempt by your phone to collect your email on your behalf will fail. It may be annoying, though, it you keep getting a pop-up or prompt asking you for the correct password.

Then reactivate them when I choose?

Sure. Just fix up the email account settings then.

I have an android phone

An LG Optimus Spirit? The User Guide for that can be found here (link), and the instructions for deleting email accounts and changing account settings are on page 47.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

View solution in original post

jrdobson1

Thanks   Fixed. Easy when you know

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit