shifted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra MMS on HTC Desire HD

hey guys,

My Desire died to I bought a spare phone until my contract goes out in February next year. I haven't been able to get the MMS to work though. Internet works fine on it.

Settings in the APN as per:

Name: Telstra MMS
• APN: telstra.mms
• MMSC: http://mmsc.telstra.com:8002
• MMS proxy: 10.1.1.180
• MMS port: 80
• MCC: 505
• MNC: 01
• Authentication: none set
• APN type: mms

Still won't send/receive any. Anyone else have the same problem? Any settings which need to be adjusted?

Kind regards,

Paul

Edit: I've tried the configuration settings, tried settings off of ausdroid/whirlpool/roms-au etc... nothing works as yet. Was working fine before the switch of phones.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Telstra MMS on HTC Desire HD

Hiya shifted, thanks for visiting the forum.

I would suggest having a run through of the settings here www.configure.telstra.com.au/ (open this link on the mobile itself).

If you were able to send MMS fine and now are experiencing problems it is likely that the new phone is the culprit, however it is also possible that the SIM was damaged when being swapped (or if the old phone was died due to phyiscal damage) so you may want to drop by a Telstra store to get a replacement. At the same time one of our tech bar staff could also take a look for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit