MoB3
Level 3: Gumshoe

unanswered calls are disconnected

Answered

Hi All,

The issue I have doesn't seem to have a 'board' to answer, so here's hoping someone is a competent dinosaur when it comes to non-smart phones or users! Just prior to lockdown I provided my aunt (in a care home) with a basic push-button mobile (4G) which, from day 1, produced a specific problem.  When called, the phone would ring several times and, if not answered, an unknown person would announce "[name of aunt] calling" followed by my aunt saying "[name]" and then the call promptly disconnected. No invitation to leave a message, nothing. Just a missed call notification.

Assuming it was the phone, I factory reset it several times, but to no avail.  Finally, I purchased a new Telstra Lite 2 phone a couple of weeks back, set it up without any call forwarding/voicemail etc and...yes...the exact same issue if the phone isn't answered within a number of rings.  Clearly it's not the phone (different brands), but could be something to do with the Telstra service?  

Can anyone help, please?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: unanswered calls are disconnected

have you checked for any call divert/forwarding setting on the handset itself?

Does any of the information here help?

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/messagebank-call-forwarding-ring-time

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

You can try dialling #002# and see if it turns it off for you. Otherwise I think it will need to be turned off by support team. If there is a store in your area that may be easier for that then trying to reach them by phone. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

MoB3

Thanks DrQ.  I'll give that a try.

SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

have you checked for any call divert/forwarding setting on the handset itself?

Does any of the information here help?

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/messagebank-call-forwarding-ring-time

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

MoB3

Hey Stevo  I will check this tomorrow when I drop off some Xmas goodies at the care home.  Cheers!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit