Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Unlock my prepaid mobile

Getting frustrated with the crap service from Telstra. For 5 weeks now I have been trying to get my prepaid phone unlocked.  Been to 3 different Telstra shops and have been on the Telstra merry go round of the web help many times with absolutely no help. It seems it is very easy to purchase anything at all but almost impossible to get my card unlocked!  Is there someone out there that can help?  Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Unlock my prepaid mobile

I'm having the same issue. The website chat with virtual operator asked me to go to the store, the store asked to phone, then phone the given number but it was a virtual operator that sent me a link to install an app for virtual chat, again the process loops back. Even staff at Telstra store has no clue and not able to sort it out for me. Smiley Sad  Are you able to unlock your phone yet?

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

No I haven't.  I,ve been trying but getting the run around from the site. Telstra shops cant help...been to 3 now.  I have lodged a complaint with the ombudsman.  Telstra can take your dollars and have a new service running in a few hours!!!   2 months and the bull**bleep**e continues.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The only options for making contact for unlocking are by calling 1258880 or 132200, or by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should get transferred to chat with a human. If you don't have a smartphone that can use the My Telstra app, send a message to the Telstra Facebook or Twitter accounts as they are being monitored.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I unlocked a device in Jan this year and it was painless and only took a few mins via chat.  Now I get the chat bot run around like everybody else.

Should have unlocked all my devices back then since they are all > 2 yrs old. 

I installed the app on my phone as per instruction.  Given the run around until I type in network unlock a few times which codi doens't understand.  Codi transferred me to a real person and my request has been passed on to the unlock team.  It has been 2 days and still waiting.  Hope they will come back with the unlock code soon.

More than a decade ago, I had to unlock a vodafone nokia.  Went to the vodafone site, enter IMEI and given the unlock code immediately.  Guess unlocking is not a profit centre so telstra don't invest in automated process.  Much like the qantas refund department.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit