TheWanderer38
Level 16: Secret Agent

Video calling

Hi Everyone,

Is the "Telstra Dave™" product video calling capable?

Thank you in advance

cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Video calling

I don't believe that you are able to make a network switched video call from this handset, however pretty much any phone with a forward facing camera can make internet based video calls.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
batto
Level 1: Cadet

can i ask why the dave has a front camera but cant use it to make vidio calls i know i should have asked but when i bought it two days ago i thought i would have no problem to make a vidio call is there going to be a firm ware update to fix this issue ??? really really suprised 

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

As Dan mentioned, I don't believe this can be completed via the calling network for this phone. There are third party options that would be able to accomplish this for you, so I would recommend looking at Apps that allow video calls over data.

While these are not supported by Telstra they can be very effective.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit