Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

VoLTE

I have a new Nokia 7 Plus which indeed supports VoLTE. I have heard of others using it successfully even though it is not on the supported handsets as of yet.

I cannot get it to work at all. I did live chat twice yesterday & they stated that they activated VoLTE, & when I start my phone I have the VoLTE icon in the taskbar for about 10secs. All calls are still going through 3G.

Is it actually possible with this handset, & if not when will the new handset compatibility list be updated?

The list seems to have been the same same for a long time.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: VoLTE

@VoLTE

Currently supported phones for VoLTE are listed here and the list is updated as more handsets are supported. Time frames on testing and updated functionality support are not available.

If your handset is not on this list, we cannot guarantee it will operate as intended, or at all - even if others have been successful in having this work.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: VoLTE

Thats disappointing.
I did find out that if my phone was on Nougat not Oreo I would have been able to access the IMS settings & force VoLTE on.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit