CTFunkmonkey
Level 2: Rookie

Where to return faulty GS2

Just wondering how to go about having my faulty GS2 replaced.

Great phone, but ive managed to get one with the battery drain bug, ive given it a couple of weeks to settle in and am getting wildly varying usage times, from 12 hours to 36, with the same usage.

Ive now had a couple of times intermittent colour loss on the screen where the whole screen goes purple, after screen locking then unlocking it restores. Im wanting to get this replaced with a new phone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
JSCotty
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Where to return faulty GS2

This sucks that you have this fault. I have not heard of this fault with S2's.

I suggest taking it back to the shop you bought if from. Take your box and all accessories with you. They most likely will have to send it away to confirm the fault with Samsung, but should supply a loan phone. Hope this helps

CTFunkmonkey

I havent seen the purple screen issue anywhere either so its an odd one. As for the battery drain, its well reported on various forums and known to telstra, no one seems quite sure whats doing it and there are a million and one tips to try and fix it ranging from removing bloatware (in this case telstra installed apps) to changing the radio firmware, to completely changing the phone firmware entirely (i.e. using cyanogenmod)

I have not gone down the latter 2 routes as its a brand new phone that i quite enjoy, but cant live with this battery issue, and im worried that if i leave the other issue it will only get worse, to the point where the minute the warranty expires the phone will die entirely.

CTFunkmonkey

Oh and phone wasnt bought from a shop, it was an over the phone signup. Have spoken to the guy that hooked me up and his instant response was "Speak to faults" which in english means ring someone in the philippines, listen to their scripts, be told to switch it off, remove battery, remove sim, wait ten minutes, blah blah blah.

I think if i get that sort of response ill be ringing the Telecoms Ombudsman, they seem to get stuff done pretty quickly.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

G'day CTFunkmonkey

The Best option is to call 1800 629 633 and advise them that you are experiencing issues with the Handset. Whilst they do run through a small checklist (to rule out "User error" which is common) they should be able to arrange for its return via Express Post bag.

Just so you know, the Ombudsman is described as an "Office of Last Resort" and its usually a good idea to try and fix the issue with Telstra first. Its alot faster and cleaner, and doesn't involve having to wait for complaints to be assigned etc.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

CTFunkmonkey

Thanks for that info, and yes you are quite right when it comes to the TIO. Although last time i dealt with them it was after buying a phone from Telechoice on advice from a 3 staff member in a store literally next door to where i bought the phone, then went back to the 3 store only to have the same guy laugh at me and say he wouldnt help me because i didnt buy the phone from them. Within a week i had recieved a second mobile phone from 3 and an apology so they do certainly get onto things VERY quickly. I have nothing but praise for those people.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit