Umakemeoff
Level 1: Cadet

Why eSim activation is hard

What a great day to search all of the info about eSim Telstra.

I had a physical sim card with Telstra pre-paid service and I have requested to have an eSim card for my new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, then started all issues.

Telstra online supporter turned the physical sim card service off until I reactivate eSim but all remaining 100GBYE data are gone.

After 4days, I have received the eSim card, then not working even after following the exact steps.

8 hours with online support (Chat) what a mess. They are saying activate eSim as follow steps, which I was done already and wait other hours then repeat again. After hours again, told me to visit the store to fix the issue.....

Has anyone here read what TELSTRA ESIM package says for the instructions? Below the instructions from the eSIM package.

1. Connect to the internet.

Turn on your device and make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi

!! YES I DID !!

2. Scan your QR code.

Use your device to scan your QR code below. For device instructions, visit telstra.com/eSIM

!! YES I DID !!

3. Check you're active.

Now that you've set up your device, activate your service at telstra.com/activate

ANYONE SEE THIS??

"activate your service at telstra.com/activate"

This is serious off and none of the online supporters understands these existing instructions, all they are saying wait, turn off and turn it on again, go to the store or what?

What is wrong with Telstra eSIM card services? Is that really hard to run this business in Australia?

What is the eSIM serial number by the way? your website says I got the wrong SIM serial number for the eSIM. 

What a hard day for 8 hours.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Why eSim activation is hard

Hi there! Certainly not good to see you've had trouble getting this one activated. 

Have you tried:

1.       Go to Settings

2.       Tap Connections

3.       Tap SIM card manager

4.       Tap Add mobile plan

5.       Use your Samsung phone to scan the QR code.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit