If you believe your phone is locked to our network, you may be able to unlock it by retrieving your International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number that is used to identify your device.
+ How do I find my IMEI number to unlock my Pre-Paid mobile?
You can unlock your Telstra Pre-Paid mobile, iPhone or mobile broadband devices so they work on another network. If your service has been active for over two years, we don’t charge an unlocking fee, but if your service has been active for less than two years, we charge:
- $80 for devices that have never been activated, or active for six months or less
- $25 for devices activated for six months to two years
To unlock your Pre-Paid device, you’ll need to find your phone’s IMEI number.
There are four ways to locate the IMEI number for your Android device:
- Dial *#06#
- In the Settings menu, select About Device > Status
- Look under the battery
- Find it printed on the original box your device came in
There are three ways to locate the IMEI number for your iPhone:
- Dial *#06#
- From the Settings menu, select General > About > IMEI
- On the SIM card tray or back of the phone, depending on your phone model
Once you’ve located your phone’s IMEI number, you’ll need to contact us so we can provide instructions on how to unlock your device, and if an unlocking fee will apply.
Send us a message in the My Telstra app:
- Download or open the My Telstra app
- Select the Get help tab
- Tap on the blue speech bubble on the bottom right to send us a message
If you’re unable to use the app, please contact us for help.
Good to know: Remember to back up your phone before you unlock it or you may lose your data.
+ How do I find my IMEI number to unlock my mobile on a plan?
We don’t currently lock month-to-month mobile plans to our network. If you’re on a month-to-month plan and believe your phone is locked to our network, contact us so we can help.
+ How do I find my IMEI number to unlock my iPhone?
If you're on a post-paid plan and believe your iPhone is locked to our network, contact us so we can help.
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help