Securing your phone with a PIN code is a great preventative measure in case your phone is ever lost or stolen.
However if you get locked out by accident, or you've forgotten your device PIN, you might need a PUK code to unlock it. But what’s a PUK code and where do you get yours?
What is a PUK code?
A PUK code is a Personal Unlocking Key. It’s an 8 digit code linked to your SIM that resets your mobile PIN. When your phone requests one, it will not be unlocked until you enter the code.
How do I find my PUK code?
There are 3 ways you can quickly get your PUK code :
In Telstra 24x7 My Account
- Sign in to Telstra 24x7 My Account using your Telstra ID
- If you have more than one account, you will need to select the relevant account from the blue bar at the top of the screen
- Select the mobile service you want to unlock
- You will see your 8 digit PUK code.
In the Telstra 24x7® App
- On another device, enter your Telstra ID username and password to log in to the Telstra 24x7® App
- On the Services page, select the number you want to unlock
- For iPhone or iPad, go to Settings (cog icon) and select PUK to find your code
- For Android devices, go to Settings (3 dot icon) and select PUK from the drop down menu to find your code.
On a web browser
- Visit telstra.com/pinpuk
- Select enter a PUK code
- Enter your mobile number, first name, surname, and date of birth
- Read and accept the Privacy Collection Statement
- Select Submit
Good to know: The details you provide must be the same as those on your Telstra Account.
Still locked out?
Alternatively, call us on 13 22 00.
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help