dylanw
Level 2: Rookie

19.5 hours and still no service

Answered

at 10pm last night I called Telstra and tried to arrange my port from Optus... 19.5 hours later and my Optus blackberry is still working and my iphone shows "SOS Only"... I have called twice and been into a Telstra shop and I am just told it may take 24 - 48 hours.. really irritated over this..

Has anyone else experienced the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Helix70
Accepted Solution

Re: 19.5 hours and still no service

Same here. 10pm last night after 2 attempts of 45 minutes only to be disconnected without talking to anyone.

Now I read above that your name must match or it is rejected? My name, like many other people can be shortened, and is two letters different on my old carrier. If this rejects it I won't be happy, my dob, account number and phone number should be enough, especially considering at no point was I asked for the name as it appears on the old carrier account.

I cannot grasp how an automated system can take so long to process this.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Lolita_Linda
Level 4: Private Eye

There are multiple things that could have caused this. And these types of issues are not easily solved. When Tesltra asked for your account number from Optus to begin the port did you give them the one up in the top right hand side of your bill? That is the correct one to use. Using one provided by Optus over the phone is usually the wrong one and jams your port. Also the names and date of birth on both the existing Optus and new Telstra account must match exactly or the system will reject it. There is also the issue that with the iPhone 5 release many people will be trying to port their number and ports back up as a result of this and take longer to go through. I remember when the 4s was released we had a back up of ports and it ended up taking 5 days for some of them to go through. 

So you can understand, when a port is pending to go through, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do for you. Because it is pending there is no option to cancel the port and start again in the system. It physically can't be done. You just have to wait for the system to drop it through when it is ready. It doesnt happen often but iPhone release...you gotta expect it.

Hope this has helped.

Helix70
Accepted Solution

Same here. 10pm last night after 2 attempts of 45 minutes only to be disconnected without talking to anyone.

Now I read above that your name must match or it is rejected? My name, like many other people can be shortened, and is two letters different on my old carrier. If this rejects it I won't be happy, my dob, account number and phone number should be enough, especially considering at no point was I asked for the name as it appears on the old carrier account.

I cannot grasp how an automated system can take so long to process this.

View solution in original post

dylanw

hey mate,

do yourself a favour and call 1800 631 334. It took 3 mins to be answered and they are busy with my port right now. Hopefully it will work and be resolved but this is the closest iv'e been.

little0nee
Level 1: Cadet

Same problem, but mines nearing on 36 hours and still not active. 

Way to ruin the fun of my new iphone telstra -.-

Ryan-H

Guys porting can take 24 to 48 hours. it can take a while to go through.

Ecspecially when it has been busy like it has been the last few days.

The opinions and statements expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit