Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

25gb bonus data first month - 10 days left...

so for the first month im supposed to be getting 25gb of data as the thing telstra been advertising... 
ive checked the telstra 24/7 app, and ive got the data, but 10 days remaining... i could use it in that time, but id like my full month i was promised?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: 25gb bonus data first month - 10 days left...

Hi ByronApple

Our Peace of Mind Commitment starts on the date that your plan contract commences and is available for one month, which may stretch over two billing periods.

So no problem there at all 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

so does that mean because i ahve 10 days left, next month, i use 20 days, and then it dissapears and then i get stung with a massive bill for exxcess data? or does it go the remainder of these 10 days, and then the full next month?

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ByronApple,

To clarify that's correct. You have an extra 25GB that you can take advantage of for 30 days, regardless of whether your billing cycle restarts within that time. This is in an effort to reduce billshock during that first month when apps and contacts need to be transferred to a new handset, especially as normally usage is pro-rated in that first month.

Cheers, Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit