samste
Level 2: Rookie

Apple watch 3 cannot Activate one number

A whole day on the phone with Telstra and this is what i get Now when i try and connect telstra one number.

It all Started yesterday when i rang telstra to tell them im having an issue with telstra one number as i paired it correctly and one number did activate and i could make calls from my apple watch 3 with my mobile iphone turned off but i could not recieve calls as it went straight to my message bank.

Explaining to telstra that my messagebank service is possibly the cause for not receiving the calls. no no no 4 experts later and 6 hours on the phone  from 10 am to 7pm the images above is the result of telstras handy work.

Cannot activate the reset apple watch to telstra one number, they did everything 10 times over.

If i ran a buisness like this i would be bankrupt.

So there you go left to defend for myself as its a too hard basket for them, not to mention the the other 2 people that hang up on me from telstra as they didnt know what to do, 

And i was so polite and kept a level head even though it was driving me crazy  doing over and over again.

And just to mention i was on apple support for and hour checking the phone and watch and they even stated the messagebank more than likely is the issue before i called telstra.

All i got was a couple of employee numbers and the others hang up for my references Smiley Sad

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
26 REPLIES 26
Doof9988
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Apple watch 3 cannot Activate one number

Hi, I have the exact same issue. Could not receive calls but could make them. So tried to remove plan and re add, and I get the same error. Now nothing works. I rang Telstra but no luck so far...

samste

I doubt we will get a telstra tech to respond soon, but lets hope we do,  as im sure its a glitch with telstra one number for setup after unpairing and repairing as per telstra instructions.

I do believe the message bank service was the issue why i could not recieve calls when my phone was off, though it would be nice to be proven wrong.

Its a shame i just didn't deactivate the message bank divert when iphone is off and tried to see if the apple watch would then recieve calls.

As the watch made calls no problems with the iphone off.

Instead i called Telstra First, how silly i was

Now i cannot do anything as i mentioned above wont activate the one number in setup. 

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@samste

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues setting up Telstra One Number.

I've noticed in your screen shots that they are all connected to Wi-Fi - Are you able to disconnect from Wi-Fi, restart both phone and watch and attempt this via the Mobile Network only?

With regard to your watch not receiving calls when your Mobile Phone is turned off or not in coverage, you should still be able to make and receive calls and iMessage, however SMS and MMS will not function.

If you have a reference number for the conversation you had with the team, I'll be able to check this out for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Doof9988

Hi I’m still having the problem. Reference number Int 1-1362560561944
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Doof9988 Thanks for the reference number.

This indicates that you've only recently contacted the team.

Have you been able to try the suggestion that I've posted above?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Doof9988

Thanks it just started working. Got a text saying One Number has been activated. Then I went into the watch app and activated again. It asked me to confirm to replace the old one number activation with a new one (odd) then started working ok. All good now!
samste

Thanks for the reply, it brings back the some faith in telstra.

I recieved a phone call  from Telstra technical and they said they resolved the issue and re activated the telstra one number that they deactivated to try and fix problem and should work now.

I just went through the setup again and it all works even recieves incoming calls now.

So Thankyou Telstra for fixing the issue.

My Only crudge is the 6 plus hours yesterday that i went through could have been avoided if the Telstra people i spoke too had more info regarding issues like this rather than doing all the basics and passing me on level by level and basically doing the same thing everytime and getting the same results.

I would of preferred them to say we will ring you when we can organise a telstra person that can rectify the issue as we dont know how to resolve the issue and when they resolve the issue they will call and just keep me updated, were only human.

I understand i am not the only one that has a telstra account and having issues and the end of the day were all human and errors do happen and would of been happy to wait to get it resolved as i know that telstra will do it asap

Thanks

tr3ndi

Hi

Does anyone know what the solution is? I have the same issue and the Telstra call centre has no idea what to do?

I read somewhere that it could be mobile connect but they could not determine if it was disabled properly or not?

My reference is: INT 1-1363320172394

thanks

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@tr3ndi

I'd love to know if you've tried the suggestion I made in a previous comment.

If you have any reference numbers for your conversations with the Tech Teams about this problem, let me know Smiley Happy

tr3ndi

Hi
Yes, i've tried using wifi and 4G. I've reset my network settings on my phone and paired and unpaired my watch with my phone several times but no joy.
I did manage to subscribe on 25/12 but couldn't receive calls so stupidly unsubscribed thinking i could try again and now cannot get to the Telstra page via the watch app that lets me subscribe.
My reference is: INT 1-1363320172394
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@tr3ndi

Thanks for the reference.

Your particular issue is a little different from what I can tell as your service has Mobile Protect activated which will need to be deactivated first.

You can arrange that via our Accounts/Billing Teams on 132200

Let me know if you get stuck.

tr3ndi

Just had all Smart controls removed from my phone account and that didn't help. Still getting the "sorry, something went wrong" Telstra screen as posted above.
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you've only had Smart Controls removed just now, these can take up to 24 hours to update in the Protect Platform, though it's often quite quick.

Let me know after tomorrow if you continue to have this problem.

tr3ndi

So its been over 24 hours since mobile protect was removed from my account and my case escalated to level 3 and i’m no nearer to rectifying this issue.

I work in IT so used to troubleshooting and own most apple products but this experience is a new low.

Apart from mobile protect which has now been removed for over 24 hours my issue seems exactly the same as the two users at the start of this thread?

Case has been escalated to L3 - Ref:  TT1-1363397626412

iPhone 8+ with Apple watch 3 cellular

Postpaid personal Telstra account

Latest OS & patches on both devices

Telstra carier V31

Subscribed to one number on 25/12. no confirmation received and could not receive calls.  After several hours I unsubscribed thinking i could try again. From then on just get the “Sorry, something went wrong Telstra page”.

since then i’ve tried all of the following without success:

• attempted re-subscription via apple watch app using wifi and 4G. (also ensured apple watch was disconnected from wifi).
  • un-paired and re-paired watch and phone several times.
  • uninstalled and re-installed apple watch app.
  • rebooted watch and phone several times.
  • Had Telstra remove mobile protect from phone account (has now been 24 hrs) - subscription did work initially so don’t see why this was an issue.
  • confirmed that voice and data 4G was set on phone.
  • confirmed the phone can get internet via 4G.
  • reset network settings on phone.
  • Telstra refreshed network settings at their side.
  • full factory rebuild of phone - setup as new device.
  • Full factory reset of watch.
  • Discovered that even with mobile data disabled for watch app still get same Telstra sorry page. stored locally in carrier settings?
  • Attempted to pair watch with wifes iPhone6. - got a different message: needs update. Her phone is on Telstra Carrier v30 however no carrier update was available.
  • Tried whilst logged out of iCloud and itunes
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@tr3ndi

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've requested urgent attention on the new reference that you've provided here: (TT1-1363397626412)

We'll let you know once we have a response.

samste

I was told that they had to remove my first telstra one number subscription then they reactivated a new telstra one subscription for me and had to wait till they called to let me know that it was activated before i could do the setup again, and did not matter having wifi on/off  etc. it just worked then during the setup process.

i Hope that make sense, FYI i activated my telstra one number on the 25/12 as well so there may have nbeen a hiccup with the server causing that issue that you have like i had.

tr3ndi

Samste - thanks for your help

Telstra - still not had anyone call me from L3 (TT1-1363397626412) can you do the following for me as you did for Samste as his issue was identical to mine:
Remove my initial one number subscription made on 25/12 and then add a new one so i can activate?

Also check that mobile protect is totally removed from my account and that VoLTE is enabled for my account

thanks

Carltycoon

In response to deltasquad. I have been having the exact same issues since Christmas Day. After 3 visits to Telstra stores and 3 chat 24 conversations also at least 3 hours on the phone, I have now got one number confirmation, but still get the same message when I try to connect, ‘contact account holder for authorisation’ or something went wrong.

So now I am being charged $5per month but still can’t connect my watch to my account.

Please help !
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@tr3ndi

Even though you might be experiencing the same issue, the cause might be different. You'd need to wait for the team to investigate and contact you directly. I apologise that there has been a delay in doing this.

@Carltycoon

I'd be happy to check on your difficulty if you're able to provide a reference number?

tr3ndi

@DeltaSquad

TT1-1363397626412

Still had nobody from Telstra L3 get back to me. Do i need to write a public attack on how terrible Telstra support is before i get any assistance because i seem to have been left to fend for myself? I would no longer have a job if i left an incident ticket open for this long.

I have done absolutely everything i can think of at my end to determine what the problem is and it all comes down to some configuration at your end which is stopping me from re-subscribing to one number.

The two other people with the same issue at the start of this thread had the same issue as me and had it sorted within a day so if there is a  known issue and solution why can’t you help me?

As they have already explained please remove any trace of my initial one number subscription from my account and set me up again so i can re-subscribe.

I’ve already gone through the whole disabling of mobile protect (even though i never set it up and was able to subscribe on the 25.12) and don’t use message bank or any other mobile features so this shouldn’t be this difficult.

thank you

Carltycoon

This is the only reference I have. <removed>

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Carltycoon

We're not able to use these "Get back in touch" links to locate reference details.

These links are provided for you to request a call back from the team that assisted you.I've removed the link from the board as these links are tailored to you.

Reference numbers I can use will look like the ones exampled over at What Reference Numbers can I obtain from Telstra?

Angrychick

This could of been my post! Hung up on several times as Telstra couldn’t figure it out - Apple shop put me to telstra, Telstra shop put me on line - online instead I phone. When I called they insisted I go online....
tr3ndi

Hi Telstra

Its finally working - thank you!

For those with a similar issue i got an sms from Telstra today telling me my Telstra One Number subscription is now active.

Went onto the watch app on my phone and hit mobile.  Subscribed without issue after it said i first needed to disconnect my old subscription.

jason35

I'm having same issues as well, something went wrong message have tried everything telstra is not much help in solving the issue
Tonia3

Did you have the issue that callers could not hear you when making calls to you on your iPhone?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit