Zulu62
Level 1: Cadet

Apple watch 3 problems with One Number Activation

I am trying to set up my Apple Watch Series 3 to enable GPS and Mobile features. When I pair the devices I get an error message " Your Telstra Account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch"

I have calles 132200 three times today and nobody appears capable of assisting me - quite honestly they did not know what I am talking about.

I am a contract customer and can't see why this shouldn't work. Extremely frustrating!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Bebo

Re: Apple watch 3 problems with One Number Activation

I am having the exact same problem and getting no answers from anybody. Need help.
DeepcAngler
Level 2: Rookie

I was put through to 3rd level support who acknowledged the issue and said they where working on it.

Scburrows

Exactly the same problem. Apparently if you contact Telstra and ask for mobile protect to be completely removed from your account it will work. Waiting 24 hours to see if it works

JC28

I am having the same problem. Have tried to unpair and re-pair the watch multiple times, have been put through to Apple care from Telstra (unlikely to be a software problem as the watch was working perfectly before). I have even tried deleting the watch app and reinstalling it. Nothing seems to work. Very frustrating
Rossbarry

Same error message,
The connection to the server was lost please try again later !!
Work it out please Telstra
Vk104

I have the same issue. I just got my watch today and have paired and unpaired my watch 3 times but no success.I used Telstra chat service, but had no luck. I don't believe it's Apple or the watch, as my partner bought the watch today as well and hers is working fine (she is with Optus). Finally I spoke to someone over the phone and they have acknowledged and they are working on it. Telstra advised me someone will contact me within 3-5 days. Hopefully this gets addressed asap. 

Roman1

Same here we called first and they got us to reset the Apple Watch and then we where transferred 4 times and then transferred to Apple care with out even telling us then they where troubleshooting for about an hour and said no it is definitely Telstra problem, we then went into the Telstra shop and they reset it 5 times and after 2+ hrs in the Telstra shop they still could not get it to work so we have been assigned a case manager that is going to call us in the next 48hrs to try and get this fixed for us and no one seems to know why it is happening or how to fix it!!!
Zulu62

Sounds interesting - any idea what is the best contact number - I have been trying 132200 and battle to get past the crazy lady asking questions. Also wonder if anyone at Telstra has read these posts - would be great to have a some response.

Andee

Have the same problem. Spoke to Telstra tech support. They confirmed it was a known (new) issue and they are working on it. They took my number and said they would call back with further information and to retry in 24 hours. Seems like a standard response. We'll see what happens in the next day or so.

groveboys

Hi All,

I also have the same issue, I have an outstanding ticket with the L3 Network Support Team (TT1-1324581156369) trying to get some level of escalation with the team who are working on the issue. 

I believe if the Crowd Support Team could provide some insight to the issue at hand, I think this will put everyone at peace on what is the issue and what Telstra tech team are doing to resolve the issue.

Also, I would like to know the difference between the Telstra.WAP APN vs Telstra.IPH which I was asked to change, but has made no difference.

@CrowdSupport please can you provide feedback to the above.

Many thanks.

Andrew

DeepcAngler

It is working this morning after reading another post.

It wouldn’t connect until I also reset network settings on my phone. (Had the same error)

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings - and follow the prompts.

I also turned the watch on and off while the phone was rebooting just in case that helped.

And it registered first go then.

Amanda1966

I had the same problem and the same terrible service from Telstra who seemed to have no idea about any of it. I reset my network settings as suggested and it worked finally. 

Leo42

Business plans are currently not eligible for the Apple Watch plans. Most Telstra & Apple staff don't know this. The workaround seems to be to migrate to a personal plan which their system doesn't easily allow - 14 days is a looooong time!

Apparently business accounts with 13 digit account numbers can access the Apple Watch plans which may be an option for some people.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit