kockleshaw
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Watch and Telstra One Number not working

I have an Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) and I'm trying to activate OneNumber.

When I get to the mobile activation stage, the app says "Your Telstra account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact Telstra at 132 200 for more information".

I've spoken to Telstra on the phone, in person at a store, and on the Gold Support app, and no-one has been able to help. I've been told a few times that it's being "escalated" but then I never hear anything. I've tried activating One Number via the website and via the app, but bizarrely, I get taken to the Data Packs page and told I can't purchase any data packs because the account is suspended (the account is not suspended, and I'm definitely not trying to buy data packs).

Here's the strange part: my husband can go through the same pairing/setup on his phone, with my watch, and it gets to the Mobile Activation stage and allows him to set it up. His service is on the same account as mine. We haven't gone past that stage and actually set it up in case my watch gets permanently trapped in limbo and can never be paired with my phone again (unlikely, but given Telstra's labyrinthine accounts system and processes, it wouldn't be a surprise).

My husband, being technically minded, has suggested that my service (but not his, somehow) is stuck in some sort of activation phase, and/or migration limbo between Telstra's old and new systems. Looking back through previous support threads on this site, this issue has been prominent and apparently unsolvable for more than THREE YEARS. Telstra, this is not good enough.

Please, does anyone have a channel they went through (i.e. some genius tech they happened to get in touch with at Telstra through sheer luck) that solved the issue? Otherwise, if a Telstra rep reads this, can you *please* escalate this is a manner that gets it solved? Some folks from the past few years seem to meet some success, so there has to be a way.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Philameana76
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Apple Watch and Telstra One Number not working

Hi there, just wanted to let you know we had the same problem and we fixed this by doing a network reset on the mobile phone your pairing. Hope this works for you also Smiley Happy

Spuds26

I had the same problem with Series 6 Apple Watch today. I had a newer Telstra ID that I had to connect to my account (when Telstra upgraded the app, your Telstra ID was also upgraded). Once I added the other ID to my account, it allowed me to add Telstra One Number without any dramas. To find your newer Telstra ID, click on the “Forgot Telstra ID” setting when logging in & follow the prompts. Then open the app, go to account settings, manage Telstra IDs & add in the new ID. 

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi kockleshaw. 

If you have called, chatted online and gone in store and had this escalated with no luck, and still unable to get this sorted out then I suggest it's time to raise a formal complaint. 

please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/5eyhn). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Complaint" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

You will be given an 8 digit reference number. Be sure to write this number down and send it to me, I will note it here incase you need further help during the complaint the process.

As case manager will be assigned and will then be in contact with you so we can work towards a suitable resolution with you.

Let me know how you go.

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Spydermann51
Level 3: Gumshoe

What do you mean by a network reset? I have no end of problems since I was forced to get a new Telstra ID a few weeks ago. Spent nearly 2 hours in a Telstra shop this morning and been on the app discussion all afternoon. No one at Telstra will admit there is a problem despite the Telstra Shop agent experiencing it first-hand. The agent could not get any sense from Telstra either.

LL220

I have the same problem! I have an "escalated" in store fault reported, but havent heard back!

Spydermann51

"Escalated" in Telstra-Speak means that they have just handed problem over to the next shift. Never heard back either. Promised calls, emails - nothing. Since given Telstra the flick.

boshwosh
Level 5: Eagle Eye

It's simply just total incompetency by all of Telstra, if they actually had a decent support infrastructure in place, all they need to say is 'this is a known issue' and fix it in a timely matter, but no, instead each case just gets passed from pillar to post, one person says yes the other says no...the right arm doesn't know what the left is doing.  And as for 'Gold Member Support;, what a joke that is, the only gold I can see is in Telstra's pocket!

boshwosh

@kockleshaw your not wrong, issue has been prominent since late 2017 https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/apple-ios/apple-watch-3-problems-with-one-number-activation/t...

I'm still waiting for L2 to contact me, keep phoning, messaging for update, nothing...

If someone on here has luck resolving this specific issue please share and let us know Smiley Happy 

boshwosh

@TommyR Any assistance for yourself Tom, would be greatly beneficial as none of us are getting any contact from Telstra despite cases raised and escalated to higher teams.

boshwosh

***Update***

Received call from L2 yesterday, spoke to an Aussie in QLD, she was quite good actually, did ask me to do the pairing/unpairing again and admitted that it probably wouldn't solve the issue but needed a timestamp of this action before moving to Networks team. Of course the pairing/unpairing didn't work and was then advised the ticket was passed on to their network team and will be contacted within 2 - 10 days but assured that they were currently contacting customers within 2-3 days.  She also advised that had spoken to 3  other people of these exact issues that day and there are many that have been reported.  here was a slight glimmer of hope in this call. I wait with anticipation for my next call back from the network team. 

Anyone else having any progress with this specific issue?

Spydermann51

My initial problem was logged on January 9th. Was promised calls &/or emails from Case Managers &/or Technical Support. Still waiting. Telstra must have a sheet-load of logged problems about this issue. I sincerely hope you get an answer, preferably good.

boshwosh

So no one actually contacted you? I logged my case on Friday 12th Feb on Gold Support Chat, was given an INC, INT and Case no... even though they said allow 1 to 3 days, I started hounding them on Sunday (via Gold Support Chat and Twitter) and then Monday and was contacted on Tuesday but wasn't a good time for me so asked them to call back, which they did the following day.  

Being in direct contact with Telstra on Twitter, has helped a bit, sending DM's and from there they can contact directly to the TL's and case managers regarding the case... I am relentless though so I won't just sit back and wait, annoying as it is.

'm now counting the days for my call back, if I don't hear from anyone by Monday...the hounding will again begin..

boshwosh

***UPDATE***

Finally have mine fixed! Got a call back from Telstra today and was asked to reset/unpair the watch and erase and reset the Phone, after doing both of this and restoring the phone and the watch from back up it was then was able to go through the process of setting up the mobile data from the watch app on the phone.  I think the reset of the phone actually did the trick.  Who know's if the network team did something on the backend as well to support this or whether the reset of the phone was enough I will never know, but to anybody out there that hasn't tried this, please do it might just get it working!

paulkennedy_syd

Thanks so much for posting this.  I have had no help at all from Telstra support - just getting passed from person to person.  Only generic advice on how to add mobile service to watch.  Apple support were also unable to help pointing to a carrier error, even after getting detailed diagnostics from Watch. 
After following your suggestion, unpairing, resetting watch (for about the 10th time!) AND erasing and resetting iPhone, I received the Telstra prompts to enable One Number.  I was able to successfully add the mobile service to the Watch.

BP428
Level 2: Rookie

I went to the watch app and clicked the mobile button in it. This got it going . Before this I had also done a full reset of my phone (no change at all to the issue ) turned wifi off amd kept it on Bluetooth while I did this through the watch app. The Telstra app did nothing at all! I also went to web browser and typed in my Telstra and re logged in with forgot password anz re set that too. I found that I had in the extras part when I went to the web browser way - not the app that I had an extra of international roaming subscription. I turned this off amd disabled it. Not sure what ended up being the fix but maybe you can only have one add on at a time but definitely go to watch app to to do it not Telstra app. Watch app on my phone then linked to Telstra and it just worked . Hope this helps. Ended up taking only a few minutes having spent hours at Telstra shop with no idea from them amd forever trying to sort it myself at home . Thanks is to all the people who have contributed as o have tried all the suggestions as well.... 

DanielGSyd

Yep same issue I have tried resetting the watch and the phone network setting like listed above still no help. Considering moving to Vodafone tbh as I am over Telstra atm.

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@DanielGSyd wrote:

Yes same issue I have tried resetting the watch and the phone network setting like listed above still no help. Considering moving to Vodafone tbh as I am over Telstra atm.

Read the posts above more carefully.

Some users have got One Number to work by turning off Extra Services, backing up the phone and doing a complete factory reset and restoration etc.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit