Davoww
Level 2: Rookie

Apple watch one number (account not ready to use with apple watch)

Hi,

Just purchased apple watch 3 cell. Cannot get connected to one number. Have browsed lots of related posts.

Error received at the 'mobile' icon in the apple watch app is 'this account is not ready to use with apple watch. Contact your service provider for more information"  So I can't even get to the point for the watch to try connect to my Telstra

Have voice and data selected in phone.  Telstra Mobile Protect off. All other settings checked to try to get this thing working. 

I've been on the phone to Telstra all day. Zero joy. Yes we have these problems. Will call back in a week.

Anyone?

Thanks

Dave

IMG_9519.PNGra account.  Trying to connect using watch gives similar error. See attached images.IMG_0020.png

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
19 REPLIES 19
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Apple watch one number (account not ready to use with apple watch)

It appears there is a wide-ranging issue with this at the moment that they are looking into.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Davoww

Thanks,

Maybe Telstra should advertise that face before consumers go out and spend 600 bucks on a watch that won’t work in their network.

I’m not on a plan. I’ll just move to Optus if this goes on. Useless.
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

They do.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/one-number

Capture.JPG

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Davoww

Well that's interesting. I hadn't spotted that.  Had been on plan for years but when contact ended last year I thought I'd just pay month to month. That's ridiculous. 

Anyway, after hours on the phone with Telstra yesterday, they didn't say anything about that... dohhhhhh.  I wonder if that's really the issue. I'll try to find out and report back

Thanks

Dave

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Davoww

Welcome to CrowdSupport.

Can I clarify when you say that you're not on a plan, are you a Prepaid Customer, or do you still receive a bill that is sent every month?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Davoww

Hi,

Have spoken to Telstra.  I AM on a plan, but just not on a contract (Go Mobile Plus BYO plan $50). 

I get a bill once a month and my plan is direct debited   each month. 

Telstra says my plan IS eligible but they just can't work out what the problem is.  

My phone now gets this message on the watch app. (see att)

Image-1.jpg

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Davoww

This message typically refers to VoLTE not being enabled on your account, even if this is turned on in your phone settings.

Out of interest, do you have a reference number for the conversation you had with the Tech Team about this?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Davoww

Hi,

Yes VoLTE IS enabled at the Telstra end.   They have advised me it is,   (as well as my phone...> voice &data).  

Ref number is INT 1-1324719999178

Thanks for your help. 

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Davoww

Thanks for the reference number. This is very helpful.

Looking at the comments there, I can tell you that VoLTE is enabled on the account, however it's not "registered". Your phone should do this automatically.

Can you attempts a reset of your network settings on that phone to see if that corrects the problem for you?

To do that, go to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings - and follow the prompts.

Your phone will restart once done.

You won't lose any data from your phone, however you will need to manually reconnect to any Wi-fi Networks that you usually use.

Davoww

Reset network settings yesterday and have just done it again upon your advice. No change in error messages.

Telstra have just advised me this is a known issue. I said, well how come you advertise one number, but don't state issues. Oh well. They said they'll call me back but advise that would be in 7 days. 

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Davoww

Thanks for trying that. Your VoLTE is still not registered on the platform from what I can tell.

To test this, when you make a phone call, does your phone switch to 3G or remain connected to 4G?

This test might also be enough to prompt the registration for you too.

Davoww

The phone stays on 4G.  Just tested that. And after phone call, still no joy on apple watch error.

Thanks again

Dave

mark3113
Level 1: Cadet

I  purchased an Apple Watch yesterday (14 Nov) and have the exact same problem described (ie Same message yesterday and same new message today).

Was also told by Telstra last night that there is a problem that is currently been worked on, but was not given a time on when it would be resolved.

I also tried the Reset Network Settings suggestion but that did not work either.

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Davoww

I've updated some reference details for you with the additional steps we've asked you to take.

The team will be in contact once they have an update for you.

Davoww

Thanks Delta

Cheers

Dave

Davoww

They must have done some account reconfiguration as it's just started working and I'm connected.

Thanks again

Dave

DeepcAngler

Thanks did this this morning and it worked. (The network settings reset)

JF10

I have been trying to set a Telstra One account since Christmas Day too and am becoming very annoyed by the lack of support by Telstra with this issue.  

On Christmas Day it appeared on my phone that an account had been set up, but the watch was not working via cellular, only via Bluetooth whilst in proximity of my phone.  I initially spoke to the call centre on 27/12/17 who told me there was no Telstra One account set up. since then I have spent many hours speaking with Telstra, to people who have no idea how to solve this.  It is seemingly impossible to get past the junior call centre staff to speak to  someone who knows about the glitches in their system causing the Apple watch problems.

The staff in the call centre just don't care! They fob you off, pass you to someone else, tell you to go to 24/7 chat, to go into a store, that they will call you back, that they will escalate your case. But they don't!

I will be going to the Telecommunications Ombudsman if this is not resolved by Tomorrow.

JF10

Still waiting! Cant get past the phone answerers at the call centre to get to Level 3 support that's needed to fix this issue. Sooooooooo frustrating!!!!!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit