Orinoco1
Level 2: Rookie

Apple Watch Series 4 on Telstra One Number - FAIL

Answered

Got a new AW Series 4 cellular on Friday....and guess what....it doesn't work on Telstra!. 2 Chat sessions and a trip to the tech bar later and no one knows why it won't work. I got the good old "Your account needs to be upgraded error". Well, the watch is going back to Apple for a refund on Monday, through no fault of their own (thank god they let you return them).

Telstra....you really need to do better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Orinoco1
Accepted Solution

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 on Telstra One Number - FAIL

Update - it appeared to be MobileProtect, I had tried removing it but it didn’t work and required the Telstra Tech bar consultant to push through the removal. After that the cellular function worked. I should note it was the fault of Telstra’s systems, as I knew this feature was a problem but couldn’t remove it myself.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The first question would be, do you have a 13 digit customer number, or an old 10 digit customer number? If it is 10 digit, the you need to put in a request to get it migrated.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Orinoco1

I have a 13 digit account.
Orinoco1
Accepted Solution

Update - it appeared to be MobileProtect, I had tried removing it but it didn’t work and required the Telstra Tech bar consultant to push through the removal. After that the cellular function worked. I should note it was the fault of Telstra’s systems, as I knew this feature was a problem but couldn’t remove it myself.

View solution in original post

adzi
Level 4: Private Eye

Yeh! Contacted Telstra over 5 days ago and was told an expression of interest would be lodged. Was also told I would be contacted by email or phone by Telstra. Still nothing from Telstra! I have a watch without service! Ref # P181105034755202. Not very good service at all!
Suling
Level 1: Cadet

same here, on website said up to 3 working days, but it's not going to happen to me. Called, but no one seemed knowing the time frame.
EthanG
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Suling,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your experience, this is not what we want for our customers at all.

If you are looking at raising a complaint, you can do so here. Once you've done that, a case manager will be assigned and in contact to investigate this further within 3-5 business days.

Please let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit