Level 2: Rookie

Apple Watch Series 6 & Telstra One Number compatibility

I'm unable to add to connect my new Apple Watch Series 6 to Telstra One Number, and Telstra chat support suggest the watch itself is incompatible with Telstra One Number.

The Telstra One Number website (https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/one-number) only lists Apple Watch Series 3 & 5 as being compatible with Telstra One Number (but may not have been updated since the recent release of the Apple Watch Series 6).

Can anyone confirm that they have gotten Telstra One Number to work with an Apple Watch Series 6?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Apple Watch Series 6 & Telstra One Number compatibility

Same issue here. Eager to know if anyone with an Apple Watch 6 can connect via Telstra One.

I have just spent over twenty hours on Telstra chat and on the phone to be told Telstra doesn’t support number share with the series 6 Apple Watch I couldn’t be more angry if I tried what a waist of my time if only someone told me 

It’s infuriating. I left Telstra and moved to Vodafone. Better value, no problem with number sharing with the Apple Watch 6 and the porting process was fast and painless. Hope that helps you, friend. 

Same issue. Series 6 Apple Watch STILL isn’t compatible with Telstra One Number

Same problem with the SE. Says it’s incompatible. The “set up mobile” is greyed out and below it says the Telstra account on this iPhone cannot be used to add a mobile data plan to nulls Apple Watch.

Apple support and Telstra support can’t work it out. Really frustrating.   

Have you had any luck with your Apple Watch series 6 and One Number? Website still says not compatible, chat response unclear and Twitter response says it is compatible. Won’t be buying the watch until I know!

Have you had any luck with your Apple Watch series 6 and one number? Very confusing chat with Telstra this week, website still says not compatible and response by Telstra to a tweet says series 6 IS compatible and website is wrong!!

Hi Dan,

I ended up moving to Vodafone, so I can't say.

Unless you had clear confirmation that the Apple Watch 6 & One Number were definitely now compatible, I wouldn't buy the watch.

It seems crazy that Telstra can't support the last two iterations of the Apple Watch, and have not solved this issue. My network coverage with Vodafone is nowhere near as good as the previous coverage with Telstra, but as I already owned the watch, I had little choice but to swap providers.

Regards Paul

That is disappointing but confirms my thoughts. I don’t understand why Telstra can’t give a clear answer after all this time. They sell the series 6 and SE cellular models on their website with no warning that the models may not (won’t?) connect to One Number. Thanks for your response. 

My Apple Watch series 6 still can’t be linked with a Telstra One Number.

I logged a complaint after hours & hours chatting on the App, calling & in store.

No one has called me & it’s been over 2 weeks since the complaint & over a month since I started to get a Telstra One Number linked to my watch :-(

Yes... just contact Pranav at Greensborough Telstra Shop and he will get it connected 

Working for me now thanks to Pranav at Telstra shop Greensborough.

There is a product called Mobile Protect active on your mobile plan that is conflicting with your Telstra One Number . You have to get it deactivated 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit