moncur83
Level 2: Rookie

Apple Watch Series 6 & Telstra One Number compatibility

I'm unable to add to connect my new Apple Watch Series 6 to Telstra One Number, and Telstra chat support suggest the watch itself is incompatible with Telstra One Number.

The Telstra One Number website (https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/one-number) only lists Apple Watch Series 3 & 5 as being compatible with Telstra One Number (but may not have been updated since the recent release of the Apple Watch Series 6).

Can anyone confirm that they have gotten Telstra One Number to work with an Apple Watch Series 6?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
DanB
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Apple Watch Series 6 & Telstra One Number compatibility

Same issue here. Eager to know if anyone with an Apple Watch 6 can connect via Telstra One.

Ca21

I have just spent over twenty hours on Telstra chat and on the phone to be told Telstra doesn’t support number share with the series 6 Apple Watch I couldn’t be more angry if I tried what a waist of my time if only someone told me 

moncur83

It’s infuriating. I left Telstra and moved to Vodafone. Better value, no problem with number sharing with the Apple Watch 6 and the porting process was fast and painless. Hope that helps you, friend. 

Diamondjim

Same issue. Series 6 Apple Watch STILL isn’t compatible with Telstra One Number

mistyschell

Same problem with the SE. Says it’s incompatible. The “set up mobile” is greyed out and below it says the Telstra account on this iPhone cannot be used to add a mobile data plan to nulls Apple Watch.

Apple support and Telstra support can’t work it out. Really frustrating.   

Dan-M

Have you had any luck with your Apple Watch series 6 and One Number? Website still says not compatible, chat response unclear and Twitter response says it is compatible. Won’t be buying the watch until I know!

Dan-M

Have you had any luck with your Apple Watch series 6 and one number? Very confusing chat with Telstra this week, website still says not compatible and response by Telstra to a tweet says series 6 IS compatible and website is wrong!!

moncur83

Hi Dan,

I ended up moving to Vodafone, so I can't say.

Unless you had clear confirmation that the Apple Watch 6 & One Number were definitely now compatible, I wouldn't buy the watch.

It seems crazy that Telstra can't support the last two iterations of the Apple Watch, and have not solved this issue. My network coverage with Vodafone is nowhere near as good as the previous coverage with Telstra, but as I already owned the watch, I had little choice but to swap providers.

Regards Paul

Dan-M

That is disappointing but confirms my thoughts. I don’t understand why Telstra can’t give a clear answer after all this time. They sell the series 6 and SE cellular models on their website with no warning that the models may not (won’t?) connect to One Number. Thanks for your response. 

Diamondjim

My Apple Watch series 6 still can’t be linked with a Telstra One Number.

I logged a complaint after hours & hours chatting on the App, calling & in store.

No one has called me & it’s been over 2 weeks since the complaint & over a month since I started to get a Telstra One Number linked to my watch :-(

JJ110553

Yes... just contact Pranav at Greensborough Telstra Shop and he will get it connected 

JJ110553

Working for me now thanks to Pranav at Telstra shop Greensborough.

There is a product called Mobile Protect active on your mobile plan that is conflicting with your Telstra One Number . You have to get it deactivated 

boshwosh
Level 4: Private Eye

I believe it is compatible as some are able to connect Telstra One Number and their Apple Watch Series 6.  What is unclear is how this works and there seems to be a multitude of different answers, as in a previous post I mentioned, what works for some doesn't mean it will necessarily work for others.  Telstra should not be selling this watch, it's as simple as that, if they can't support the device, it's clearly not fit for purpose and that is misleading customers.  If anyone else on here get's the message after trying to sign in to connect the mobile data -

And know's how to fix it, please let know, no one at Telstra does!

MrsSpeed

I’m having the exact same issue now. Did you get this sorted. 

moncur83

No, I never did. I ended up swapping to Vodafone. No problem getting the Apple Watch 6 working with them, but their mobile phone reception is not as good as Telstra.

There is a comment above from JJ110553 who says '"Working for me now thanks to Pranav at Telstra shop Greensborough. There is a product called Mobile Protect active on your mobile plan that is conflicting with your Telstra One Number . You have to get it deactivated"

It may be worth visiting a Telstra shop and seeing if turning off 'Mobile Protect' makes any difference.

Good luck!

Mark224

Hi There,
This is the first time I have posted on this channel. Please take it as a warning not to buy an Apple iWatch Series 6 if you are on Telstra. After one month of endless support calls and visits to Telstra shops, they have not been able to enable my OneNumber and this activate the digital sim in my new Apple Watch.

It is incredibly frustrating. 

Telstra - my open fault number is: inc13542113 reported on Feb 23. As you have suggested, I have hard reset my phone and watch three times. This has failed and I still get a blank screen when I enter my Telstra ID details via the iWatch App.

I am willing to give it one more week to have this issue resolved so I can use my $800 Apple Watch as it is intended to be used. If you cannot resolve the fault by 25 March, I will move to Optus or Vodaphone, and share my experience online as I think it is an important warning to those considering buying an iWatch.

BP428

I went to the watch app and clicked the mobile button in it. This got it going . Before this I had also done a full reset of my phone (no change at all to the issue ) turned wifi off amd kept it on Bluetooth while I did this through the watch app. The Telstra app did nothing at all! I also went to web browser and typed in my Telstra and re logged in with forgot password anz re set that too. I found that I had in the extras part when I went to the web browser way - not the app that I had an extra of international roaming subscription. I turned this off amd disabled it. Not sure what ended up being the fix but maybe you can only have one add on at a time but definitely go to watch app to to do it not Telstra app. Watch app on my phone then linked to Telstra and it just worked . Hope this helps. Ended up taking only a few minutes having spent hours at Telstra shop with no idea from them amd forever trying to sort it myself at home . Thanks is to all the people who have contributed as o have tried all the suggestions as well.... 

mikeb767
Level 3: Gumshoe

Support says the current plans are unable to activate Telstra one or use esim, and they have no ETA on when they will have this available. I’d switch ASAP 

mikeb767
Level 3: Gumshoe

It’s not an issue with the watch - the new upfront plans simply cannot use Telstra one or esim and they do not have an ETA either. 

Dowser
Level 17: Bureau Chief
Level 17: Bureau Chief

@JJ110553 wrote:

Working for me now thanks to Pranav at Telstra shop Greensborough.

There is a product called Mobile Protect active on your mobile plan that is conflicting with your Telstra One Number . You have to get it deactivated 

Telstra will be discontinuing Mobile Protect from 30 June 2021.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/mobile-protect

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit