Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Spydermann51
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Apple watch series 6 connection

Got same message about not eligible. That's what the Telstra shop people also got when I asked them to help me. They were left hanging like customers. They had no priority desk to call. Just victims of CHAT or 132 200 as I was. The Telstra iPhone/iPad app also said call 132 200. That number said too busy, use the app. The app then said call 132 200. Brilliant stuff.

LN87

And so, no issues when you went over Optus? I’ve gone to the TIO and Telstra have until Feb 18 to fix this otherwise I’ll jump ship...

Spydermann51

No issues with Optus - Yet. TIO are not necessarily interested in bad service. However Telstra are advertising a service they cannot supply. Only potential Optus issues I may have is their mobile coverage is nowhere as good as Telstra.

boshwosh
Level 4: Private Eye

I managed to finally connect my applle watch 6, as I’ve said on another thread, turns out I had a Telstra ID that I was not using, when I signed in with this is worked. But the problem is far from over, now I’m trying to connect my wife’s apple watch 6 this gets the same message as you LN87, so there is not even a chance to sign in and again no help whatsoever from support apart from now case and escalated to a higher team. Weird thing is my wife’s connection issue was the same as mine regarding the ID issue, so it was communicating with their server but then as soon as I connected mine she now gets the ‘not eligible error’. Trying my best efforts to do my own troubleshooting, up to a point, wish I had control over their backend stuff pretty sure I could fix it myself!

LN87

I agree with the ‘wish I had access to the backend’ as I feel like I’d be able to fix it! I’ve asked Telstra about whether I have another MyTelstra account and they assure me I only have one. Same with Mobile Protect, they tell me it is disabled from their end... I’m at my wits end. 

Spydermann51

Did you have to renew all your Telstra ID stuff back in December? I did and it all went pear shaped. Resurrected cancelled accounts and prior IDs. Took weeks to clear up and I was always suspicious that my watch connection issues  (Jan 2021) were all due data corruption in my Telstra account. From what I could gather Telstra made system changes in Sept 2020 that bit me in December. One of the people I was dealing with about my watch let it slip about the changes causing issues.

boshwosh

Glad Optus is working for you and doesn’t surprise me.  Unfortunately there is always a trade off with regards to network coverage and speed, however if this really doesn’t affect you it’s a win win. Agree about Telstra providing a service they can’t deliver, probably explains why my complaint case still has no one contact me in just over 2 weeks since it was lodged, I imagine it’s filed with the other 100’s before me. It’s interesting as I’ve never really had any issue with Telstra (have internet and one other phone service/plan) up until now that is. 

boshwosh

@Spydermann51 wrote:

Did you have to renew all your Telstra ID stuff back in December? I did and it all went pear shaped. Resurrected cancelled accounts and prior IDs. Took weeks to clear up and I was always suspicious that my watch connection issues  (Jan 2021) were all due data corruption in my Telstra account. From what I could gather Telstra made system changes in Sept 2020 that bit me in December. One of the people I was dealing with about my watch let it slip about the changes causing issues.

No ID’s changed in December for me, actually still using the same one I have been using for 7 years. The other 3 was when I had moved house and set-up another internet service with them, it’s how I discovered that lost ID, it’s shocking that not even Telstra could point this out. Yep, they’ve definitely screwed up their backend services due to this migration that’s, by the sound of it, all gone terribly wrong. I think we as customers need get what we pay for here and don’t let them fob us off. Jumping ship is just an easy get card for them, yes they lose customers but in the long run I’m not sure they really care or at least it seems that way from where I’m standing. 

cars8
Level 2: Rookie

Have you had any luck? I’m experiencing the same error message and have also been told I have only one account and that mobile protect has been disabled. 

@LN87 wrote:

I agree with the ‘wish I had access to the backend’ as I feel like I’d be able to fix it! I’ve asked Telstra about whether I have another MyTelstra account and they assure me I only have one. Same with Mobile Protect, they tell me it is disabled from their end... I’m at my wits end. 

boshwosh

Have you logged a case, do you have an INC, case and INT number?  You need this in order for it to be pushed up to L2 support and then Networks team, it would appear that Networks are the only team that can resolve this issue.  If you haven't logged a case then do so, only way it will ever get some kind of resolution.  We all know that unpairing/pairing the watch and all the other stuff makes no difference but do it anyway if they ask you to do it, then ask for a case and Incident number, wait a few days then start asking for updates and keep doing this everyday until someone calls you.. If that fails, logs a complaint. It starts to move up the chain of command this way (sad as it is). Oh and if you use twitter you can direct message Telstra from there, give them your case number and they can contact the TL or case manager's directly.

cars8

I have an INC number and was told it was escalated to Level 3 support and would hear back in 2-4 days. I’m not sure what the INT number is? 

Did you end up having success in connecting your watch?

boshwosh

ok that’s good you have a INC. Keep a track of the days since first being logged and if no one has contacted you within this time frame, contact Telstra again asking for updates and assistance urgency. INT is an interaction number. No  I haven’t got the watch connected yet, waiting for someone from network team to contact. Will contact Telstra again on Monday if I haven’t heard back. As previously said, this apparently is a known issue and they have a huge amount of back logged cases regarding this issue. Baffles me why they still have exactly the same issue from 3 years ago and those ones were fixed but I can’t find out how they fixed it, people just say that one day it started working, doesn’t help! Maybe keep doing the network reset on the phone in the hope that someone has done something on the backend which would require the phone to be restarted. Good luck with yours and let me know how you go. I will do the same. 

boshwosh

Guys, as previously posted in another topic here mine is finally fixed! Both Apple Watch's series 6 connect to Telstra One Number.

Got a call back from Telstra today and was asked to reset/unpair the watch and erase and reset the Phone, after doing both of this and restoring the phone and the watch from back up it was then was able to go through the process of setting up the mobile data from the watch app on the phone.  I think the reset of the phone actually did the trick.  Who know's if the network team did something on the backend as well to support this or whether the reset of the phone was enough I will never know, but to anybody out there that hasn't tried this, please do it might just get it working!

LN87

Hey Boshwosh, do you mean restore phone to factory settings? 

‘To reset your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings‘

cars8

Hi,

just tried this but no success! Did you reset all settings or erase all content and settings? 

@boshwosh wrote:

Guys, as previously posted in another topic here mine is finally fixed! Both Apple Watch's series 6 connect to Telstra One Number.

Got a call back from Telstra today and was asked to reset/unpair the watch and erase and reset the Phone, after doing both of this and restoring the phone and the watch from back up it was then was able to go through the process of setting up the mobile data from the watch app on the phone.  I think the reset of the phone actually did the trick.  Who know's if the network team did something on the backend as well to support this or whether the reset of the phone was enough I will never know, but to anybody out there that hasn't tried this, please do it might just get it working!

boshwosh

First unpair the watch then on the phone erase all content and settings (don’t forget to make sure you have every backed up prior). Also make sure you have latest iOS 14.4 and watch OS 7.3. This can be updated before or after the reset. After restoring the phone from backup and then going through the process of pairing the watch again I did notice that on the initial set-up for mobile data I still had the ‘Your Telstra account is not eligible’ message, however I skipped this and set everything else up, when this was finished I went back into the Apple Watch app on the phone and then tried to set up mobile data again and it was then not showing the message anymore and from here I could proceed to setup the mobile data/Telstra One number without issues.

This 100% worked for me and prior to this had only unpaired the watch and network reset on the phone. However, as I said who knows if they have done anything in the background so that resetting the phone and unpairing the watch along side made the fix. I have an iPhone 11 Pro max and watch series 6 if that helps. 

Spydermann51

Very skeptical. I did all of the above, including most in a Telstra Shop. Never worked. After many unsuccessful attempts over many days I went into an Optus Shop (same building as Telstra), changed to Optus and my watch connected to my iPhone 7+ in the shop. Telstra shop people were unable to do that. Still mystified as what is going on at Telstra.

cars8

Just got my call back from Telstra this afternoon. I can confirm it did work! I needed to do the erase all content and settings. 

boshwosh

@Spydermann51 But like I said, I have no certainty as to whether the network team have actually done anything on the backend that has also aided the fix of that run parallel with the resetting of the phone and watch. I personally wouldn’t of wash my time at a Telstra Store, its just a shame that the guys there have absolutely no proper access to their support systems.  You had an INC right and was contacted by Telstra? This particular issue requires network support not 1st level with basic script troubleshooting. 

boshwosh

That’s great to know @cars8 ! Now let’s help everyone else out so we don’t all waste our time. Once Telstra can confirm that this can actually fix the issue and doesn’t need anything done on the backend as well they should publish this on the website to ket their customers know (probably never gonna happen!). 

BecTic

I successfully connected my apple 6 watch with one number and so far so good! Please let this be all done and dusted!! 

LN87

How did you resolve it BecTic?

LN87

I can confirm this worked for me today. Finally! 

I am still pretty annoyed at the amount of time it took to resolve (and competing messaging I received from Telstra). Maybe they can foot the bill for the first two months of my contract...

boshwosh

Glad it worked for you too. Agreed, should not of taken this long, which I believe has been ongoing since Nov 2017. Telstra must of known about the previous issues and how they were fixed. Erasing the phone is obviously the last step but this part could of at least been used by 1st level as part of their troubleshooting. Again, has something also been done on the backend for each person’s account? I guess we’re never know. Would of been nice to get a follow up call  like I was promised, I would of probed the question. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit