Level 2: Rookie

Apple Watch Series 6

Answered

Noticed Optus is already offering plans for the Series 6 Apple Watch - anyone know if Telstra is looking to release accessory plans for the new watch? Can't find anything online about this. 

Cheers,

Liam. 

Data Professional working in the Primary Healthcare sector
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Apple Watch Series 6

Hey @xflx, we don't have this information on hand currently however you can register to keep informed here:   https://tel.st/cqrvs and you'll be the first to know! 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Level 1: Cadet

I went into my local Telstra store this morning to ask about this. They said that they were getting them sent out on Monday and should have them during the week. I forgot to ask what plans they had, but they told me that they were getting them in blue, grey and red. 

Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra would normally offer wearables as an add on to your current plan. Equal monthly payments over x number of years.

Then, $5 for your shared number.

I'm really interested to see where they go with Family Setup once it’s in Australia, price wise.

I’ve taught my kids to pull faces in photos, try and fix that, Machine Learning...
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey @xflx, we don't have this information on hand currently however you can register to keep informed here:   https://tel.st/cqrvs and you'll be the first to know! 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Kinda hilarious that Optus has started beating Telstra with product availability, considering their size vs yours.

I’ve taught my kids to pull faces in photos, try and fix that, Machine Learning...

Seriously! it's just a terrible look.

Data Professional working in the Primary Healthcare sector

Just noticed on the Telstra website that all models of the Series 3 and 5 are ‘sold out’ (you could still order them yesterday) so I’m guessing this evening is the release time for the SE and Series 6 models ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

This is annoying the krep outta me!! Every retailer has Watch6 available, Telstra has no information, the website is showing ‘out of stock’ 5 and customer service on chat have even less idea, giving me the link to 5... Is Telstra geared to Samsung, not supporting Apple or just have no idea? 

I was going to purchase through Optus yesterday, waited for Telstra and now Optus has no stock. 1/5 stars to Telstra, surely their team aren’t this slow and someone messed something up?!?

Telstra, please provide an answer to all these consumers questions in this thread.

It’s a very simple question and will help aid people in staying with your services rather than moving to another telecommunications provider over poor communication with your customers.

Telstra’s sales and support model surely isn’t in line with its business strategy? Raised investor eyebrows***

Just received confirmation that release date is set for the 22/09.

Happy shopping.

Yea, good luck with that.. They can't even get Telstra One Number working on my Apple Watch 6.. I've had issues since Friday and it does't work. INC11197272 says resolved but it hasn't been fixed! I've already spent over 2 hours on the phone with their team and nothing still.

Thought as much.

Apparently, the new NBN tiers are being announced, as well.

Would be ace if Telstra started selling the Stainless versions of the Apple Watch.

Cant say I’d ever drop that amount of cash in one hit but I’d be happy to pay it off over 12 months...

Nope, no Series 6 or SE this morning.

Did bag myself one of the Wave 1 Xbox Series X’s though, so it ain’t all bad...

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

They are both there. 9am is a magical time for releasing products.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Ive got a series 6 and can’t use cellular on it yet as Telstra isn’t ready for it. Check their accepted devices for the 5$ a month plan and it’s not an option... this would be why!!! Annoying

I’m having same issue. It’s because Telstra network doesn’t support watch 6. It’s so bad. The only reason I got the 6 cellular was to be able to connect. And not even the biggest network provider in Australia supports new technology 

I am having the same issues! 
trying to get onto Telstra is an absolute joke (not able to visit a store as I am located in Melbourne ) 

I am talking to them now through the texting chat and they said something about my phone having smart controls on it!? 

Have you got oot fixed now I'm having the same issue? 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit