Help89
Level 2: Rookie

Apple Watch series 6

Someone please help this is all I am getting after deactivating my Telstra one number so I can activate my series 6 watch I have been on the message app for over 5hrs and on the phone for 2 and still no outcome, how o I activate my series6 watch? I can not change mobile providers as this is the only service I get at work.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Apple Watch series 6

What happens when you follow the instructions on the webpage ?

Help89

Goes to a loading page and will not load from there.

Dowser

I suggest that you call Telstra Support on 132200 (9am - 8pm AEST Weekdays).

JerryLee21
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra one number does not work on iPhone 13 with any Apple Watch. I’ve had same problem and only get excuses. 

Renee

Hey JerryLee21,

The Apple iPhone 13 is not yet compatible, more information on compatible devices is available via https://tel.st/vnt9dd.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Melton1
Level 4: Private Eye

Well that wasn't my experience back on 25th September.  I did a phone to phone transfer (iPhone 8 to 13) to set up the new device.  iOS 15.0 on the iPhone 13 (the iOS the 13 shipped with) was saying it couldn't connect to my cellular Series 3 Apple watch, however a check of Bluetooth settings on the iPhone 13 showed it was paired and Telstra one number calling on the watch was working either within, or out of, Bluetooth range of the iPhone 13.

Apple fixed the incorrect reporting of failure to connect  to the watch (for me at least) with iOS 15.01 that came out a few days later.  My watch still has cellular connectivity at the time of writing.  The watch OS & iOS have both been updated since 25/9. Watch OS is now 8.0.1 & iOS is 15.02

Anyway I hope the OP has had some success getting it to work by now.

Help89

Yea I have had no luck with Telstra on getting this issue fixed it has been 3 weeks and no one from the level2 faults team has called me and the complaints department are no help either. Everyone I talk to has just told me someone will call me back this has not been the case and due to where I work Telstra is the only phone company that I can use, so I can not change phone provider. So no luck at all now I have a smart watch that is just a watch and I can not use my old watch with and they have stuffed that one linked to my account to 

Dowser

So @Melton1  are you are saying that your Series 3 Apple watch is paired and working with your iPhone 13?.

Do you have any suggestions for @Help89  ?.

Help89

No my series 6 is not connecting to my 12 pro max 

Melton1

Yes - my series 3 cellular watch that had been paired with an iPhone 8 (running iOS 14.7) immediately worked with an iPhone 13 (running iOS 15.0). However the watch app on iOS 15 said it couldn’t connect, although the watch was working in terms of making calls, uploading Health data. The Watch app error was fixed with IOS 15.01.  I didn’t have to unsubscribe my watch from Telstra, so that may be why  it continued to work.

As well, on 11/9 (ie 2 weeks before iPhone 13 purchase), my Telstra plan, after numerous delays, had been changed to an Upfront plan. So I am wondering whether the OP has been caught in the limbo of scheduled plan changes, which appear to block amendments to plans - I was told this when I attempted to data share a 3rd device (not yet on upfront plan), with 2 other devices that had already moved to upfront plans (which has data sharing).

In terms of help for OP, is user on iOS 15.0? upgrade iOS to 15.02.  Otherwise move watch close to phone, both powered on & Bluetooth on on both devices, then after a few minutes, on the phone, check whether the Watch can be see in Bluetooth settings. If it can, then using the watch app on the phone, go to Mobile, and check whether Telstra is listed under Mobile Data Plan. Clicking on “i” should allow one to Manage Account.

Help89

I have tried all of this apart from changing my plan, but it did work on my series 4, now I can not use my series 4 or 6, all I get is the above pic 

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

@Help89 what is the APN on your iPhone? If it's telstra.internet, could you try changing it to telstra.wap or telstra.iph and try to set up your Watch again?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Help89

Still hasn’t worked 😢😢

Jupiter

Thanks for trying. That blows that theory.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Help89

Thanks anyway just hope this gets sorted one day soon it has been 3 weeks already 

Melton1

Can you successfully log in via a web browser to your Telstra account ? 

Not that it helps a lot in terms of seeing whether you have a one number subscription, as the only mention of it in my Telstra account, as viewed by a web browser, is in the pdf bill each month.

Also, is your Telstra account for an e-sim or a physical SIM card ?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit