Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Beep when I call husband then hangs up

Hi Telstra, 

My husbands phone over the last week on the first time you call beeps then hangs up and you have to ring again straight away  to get through. It was one but now increasing to twice  intermittently.  Doesnt matter where he is in brisbane it still happens

How do I fix this?

Iphone 6 on 3G&4G  when travelling around.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Beep when I call husband then hangs up

@Jbon wrote:

Hi Telstra, 

My husbands phone over the last week on the first time you call beeps then hangs up and you have to ring again straight away  to get through. It was one but now increasing to twice  intermittently.  Doesnt matter where he is in brisbane it still happens

How do I fix this?

Iphone 6 on 3G&4G  when travelling around.  

Hi @Jbon 

I'd get your husband to reset his phones network settings, and check that he hasn't got any message bank messages and clear it all. Also check/reset any call diversions.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @Jbon,

I'd love to know what's causing this problem too.

Are you on Post Paid or Pre-Paid....out of curiosity. 

My Dad (who lives in Adelaide, and is on Telstra Pre-Paid) has also been having this problem over the last 3 week's.

It's happening with more than 1 person he's trying to call....it can take up to 3 try's to get through to the person. 

It's intermittent...doesn't always happen when he rings them.

I have noticed that another Telstra Pre-Paid customer has posted on Crowdsupport that they're having the same problem too.

I did suggest getting their SIM replaced (in a Telstra store is the quickest way...and it's free of charge) to see if it would fix the problem.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

@Smiley3 wrote:

I did suggest getting their SIM replaced (in a Telstra store is the quickest way...and it's free of charge) to see if it would fix the problem.

Hi @Smiley3 

A long time ago I had this issue, and it turned out to be message bank. Once I deleted all messages and turned it off it went away. Not something I would use, so not missed anyway.

I do suggest trying a SIM replacement as well (If the above doesn't work).

Very strange it's happening to more people now.

Over the last few months, basically when COVID started, I have lost faith in a lot what Telstra does presently.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

Hi @Ozmoz

Thanks for the MessageBank suggestion, but unfortunately this isn't what's causing my Dad's problem.

He doesn't have MessageBank....he has Message2text.

It does seem strange that more customer's are having this problem....and they don't live in the same State.Smiley Surprised

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit