Jman94
Level 2: Rookie

Best way to get dual sim compatibility in Australia on iphone XS

can i use an esim supported carrier from another country in my dual sim iphone xs where esim is not available by a carrier in my own country (Australia). My current carri
can i use an esim supported carrier from another country in my dual sim iphone xs where esim is not available by a carrier in my own country (Australia). My current carrier Telstra only supports esim for Apple Watch at the moment with support to come as the demand grows according to Telstra website. Can I take advantage of eSIM from an international provider to receive my personal calls and texts while using a physical sim with my current plan for all local business communications? Additionally does anyone know if I can transfer my personal number to an international provider so I can still keep the same number for personal contacts to be able to reach me rather than giving out another number to my friends. Unless there is another way I can receive msgs and calls using my Apple ID if people contact me from my current personal number? A lot of questions and no solutions coming up for me until Telstra Australia receives enough demand to make this feature available. Alternative carriers in Australia if available would be considered but Telstra is the most reliable and fastest connection to other local providers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Best way to get dual sim compatibility in Australia on iphone XS

Hey @Jman94

Thanks for your post and we do not have details about e-SIM services will work with Telstra services at this stage. We will share more information about the specifics when it is available.

Regrettably, we cannot answer these sort of questions at this stage.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Pablo111
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Best way to get dual sim compatibility in Australia on iphone XS

I can answer that, YES you can port your number away from Telstra to an international carrier that supports esim.
The competition is already on Telstra's door step The longer they wait to introduce esim compatibility the more customers they'll loose.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit