DMF1
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond Mail with ios14.3

Cannot get IMAP mail to work after installing ios14.3 on the ipad.  I saw some discussions from last year about ios14.2 but can't seem to find anything on this update.  incoming server imap.telstra.com, outgoing server smtp.telstra.com

When it tries to verify it says cannot connect using SSL, do I want to try without SSL  - if I say yes, it says the IMPA server is not responding.  Rebooted, deleted and set up the account over and over again with same results.  Anybody got a solution?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Bigpond Mail with ios14.3

Try using an app called Spark. Apparently it works.

The certificate for the Telstra Mail servers was revoked on the 14th January and apparently the Apple Mail apps don't like it (and don't let you ignore the problem).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
crazyboysmum

Yep been having the issue since Sunday after I updated to 14.3 too. I msg'd Telstra through facebook messenger and the lady said she would pass it on to the website team but haven't heard anything since. I couldn't even reply to you on my iphone as I got a warning "The security certificate for this server is invalid or expired. Therefore, the connection to this server is not secure."

crazyboysmum

Mine is working again today, might be worth you giving yours another try too. Good luck!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit