callingcalling
Level 1: Cadet

Blocked number

Answered

Hi,

When a friend calls my iPhone, she hears the voicemail beep as though she's been immediately diverted to voicemail (but she doesn't hear the standard "Please leave a message" speech).

My phone doesn't ring and I don't see her missed call or any new voicemail messages on my phone.

She's also tried sending me a standard SMS and an iMessage. I don't receive those either.

She isn't in my iPhone's blocked number list.

She's using an iPhone, but she's also tried from a basic mobile. She's on the ALDIMobile network.

She is able to call and text other mobiles.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you have to solve this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dowser
Level 18: Intelligence Chief
Accepted Solution

Re: Blocked number

Delete her from your contact list (after writing down the details), then re-perform those tests.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi callingcalling,

Have you tried turning your mobile phone off then back on? This sometimes fixes the glitches. It's recommended that mobile phones get turned off and back on once a week. 

My sister's Samsung mobile had the same problem last week when I tried ringing her. Luckily, our Mum doesn't live far from her. I rang my Mum and told her to go to my sister's house and tell her that her mobile phone is playing up again, it isn't receiving my call....tell her to turn her mobile off then back on again. 

This fixed the problem.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Dowser

Are the same problems experienced by other people that try call you?.

callingcalling
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks, Dowser,

It seems to be only this person. She can't call or SMS me, but she can contact other people and I can call and SMS her.

Dowser
Accepted Solution

Delete her from your contact list (after writing down the details), then re-perform those tests.

View solution in original post

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Callingcalling. 

Are you still having this problem with this particular persona calling your after deleting her contact information and re-entering?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Callingcalling. Just checking in to see if you need a further hand?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit