ggandse
Level 1: Cadet

Blocking scam messages

Hi. I’ve started getting scam/phishing messages regularly on my iPhone 11 Pro. It’s running software version 14.7.1. I’ve set “silence unknown callers” in the general phone settings but that has no effect on the messages being received. I know I can filter the messages so I can just see known senders but this has no effect on the scam messages arriving of course - and they come at all hours. I go into info on each message and block it and hide alerts and then delete it but the mobile numbers are always different. This is a screenshot. Any solution?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Blocking scam messages

You need to report the scam via https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/surveys/Report_misuse_of_service so that Telstra can get enough information to track the source of the scam messages and block them at the network level (each one should be reported if you can).

There isn't anything you can do on your phone to successfully block them as they come from random numbers.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit