SkyWang
Level 1: Cadet

Bring optus postpaid to Telstra prepaid

Answered

Hi,

I bought a telstra new sim card with 40 dollars recharge pack, trying to port out my optus post paid number to Telstra sim card first I typed in the wrong port out account number, I found out the number and then again they said I need to disconnect the old service so that it can be port out? Does it really work like this? I am worried if I cancel the service then the number will never get back? I am told by telstra online supporter but I read through many article says never disconnect your old service before it is done.

Anyone has the same experience?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Bring optus postpaid to Telstra prepaid

Do not disconnect the Optus service. You will not be able to port it if it does not exist.

The problem might be that Telstra now have a port request that relates to your new Telstra account and they can't request 2 ports from Optus to go to the new account.

Your best option for porting is to go into a Telstra Store and get them to do it for you.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: Bring optus postpaid to Telstra prepaid

Do not disconnect the Optus service. You will not be able to port it if it does not exist.

The problem might be that Telstra now have a port request that relates to your new Telstra account and they can't request 2 ports from Optus to go to the new account.

Your best option for porting is to go into a Telstra Store and get them to do it for you.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit