AV8ER
Level 3: Gumshoe

Call Failed on iPhone11 with Telstra eSIM

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues or found a workaround.... after waiting nearly a year for Telstra to launch eSIM I picked one up on launch day, along with a brand new iPhone 11. After initial activation everything seemed to be working fine and my many years of being burdened by two phones was gone... but this was short lived as I shortly discovered 100% of calls dropped out!!! Some after a few minutes, some after  many minutes.... very frustrating so off to troubleshoot a solution! After a month and many many hours of troubleshooting with both Apple Care, and Telstra Faults level 3 support I am no closer to an answer. Phone has been replaced by Apple, SIM reburnt by Telstra and still can’t have a reliable call with any combination. Sadly I am now back to using two phones to ensure I can have a reliable call. Apparently Apple has advised this is a known issue now, but no resolution. Telstra Faults also believe it a common problem with eSIM but no resolution...very frustrating.

Anyone that can provide more info would be appreciated!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Matsuda
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Call Failed on iPhone11 with Telstra eSIM

Hi AV8ER, 

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've been having especially since you were excited to get on board with the eSIM functionality. 

From what you've mentioned here it definitely sounds like you've encountered an issue along the same lines as a bunch of people in this thread with the latest update from apple. 

We're aware there's been reported reception issues amongst some other concerns and we're working to have this resolved as soon as possible.

We recommend that you continue to ensure your device is up to date with the latest firmware.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit