Costarafty
Level 1: Cadet

call overseas call from Telstra Small sim only plan

I got the $55 small sim only post paid plan which indicates that it includes 30 free minutes to any overseas number.

I made one call and was charged $4.15????? Why?

Anyone had a similar issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: call overseas call from Telstra Small sim only plan

How long did the call go for, and was it a “standard international number”?.

Regarding the plan, are you on the Upfront Mobile Small Plan?.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

If you are on the Telstra Upfront Mobile Plan - Small, then you get 30 minutes of calls to standard international numbers included.

If you are on the Telstra Mobile Plan - Small then there no allowance for calls to international numbers.

So check the name of your plan, as that is the most likely explanation for the changes (ie that you are on the Telstra Mobile Plan - Small).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Costarafty
Level 1: Cadet

I appear to be on the Mobile Plan small but when i search for plans on the site the only ones that keep coming up are the upfront ones which show the free minutes. That is misleadiing i think. 

Jupiter

You need to read the Customer Terms for the older plans. Only the CIS for the current plans (ie plans that can be currently signed up for) are shown on the main pages.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit