Trinaa
Level 1: Cadet

Calls going straight to message bank

Answered

I am having trouble with my iphone not ringing and calls going straight to message bank. Call forwarding is disabled. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Calls going straight to message bank

contact the Telstra support there should be able to cancel all diverts on your number.
other than that may want to check if your ringing time is not set to 0secs...
in your phone app, type:
**61*101**30# (the 30 will set it to 30sec ring time)
Then press the call/send button.

Cheers

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

contact the Telstra support there should be able to cancel all diverts on your number.
other than that may want to check if your ringing time is not set to 0secs...
in your phone app, type:
**61*101**30# (the 30 will set it to 30sec ring time)
Then press the call/send button.

Cheers

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

View solution in original post

Thunder
Level 2: Rookie

Hey

If it's not too late check that the Do Not Disturb feature is Turned off! This Feature sends calls straight to Voicemail and is handy for when you are sleeping!

If Do not Disturb is on you will see a moon icon in the upper right hand corner of your iPhone

Check image:
http://tinyurl.com/lk595gw

To Turn Off or on please press following buttons and ensure Manual and Scheduled Push on off sliders are set to the desired position.

Settings > Do Not Disturb
immy

Where in phone app can I change the riing time

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi immy

It's not done through the app - 

To extend the ring time, enter the following sequence on your mobile phone: **61*101** (number of seconds: 15, 20, 25 or 30) #. Then press the call/send button

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TrishK2

Yes it was the do not disturb sign.   Thank you.

ed9

My calls go straight to message bank how do fix it?

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi ed9

Any chance you have Do Not Disturb turned on, like the user above?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Bozzy

Thanks very much,

Was wondering what the 1/4 moon icon was at the top of my phone was, now i know lol.

Thanks again (:

Colac820

Tried no different
Someone ringing from mobile gets 0 rings just message babk
TimmyT
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Colac820,

Please enter in the following code:

**61*101**25#  and then press the "call" button. This will extend the number of rings before call divert to messagebank.

If this doesn't help, please speak with our Mobile Faults team  http://tel.st/8jgx who will be best placed to troubleshoot further and reset your messagebank it necessary. 

- Tim 

technOH

I bought new iPhone specifically to operate on the wifi calling system as I live beyond normal cell phone coverage.        New phone was set up and activated at my home and all worked properly except incoming calls to the iPhone went straight to message bank.         I spent 3 days talking to 6 separate support operators with calls to melbourne, sydney, manila, california and kolkota !

One techie in sydney eventually suggested I could not initiate proper incoming calls to the iPhone whilst setting it up outside normal coverage range.   A first incoming call had to be received by the phone operating within a tower range, this would trigger proper reception of incoming calls when back outside normal coverage area.

I had previously unsuccessfully tried all the recommended procedures for extending ring times etc but this was something new !

I drove from my home outside the tower coverage area to a spot within coverage area with a 4 bar signal.  Exchanged calls in and out between iPhone and home landline.  All 100% operational.   Then drove home again where my phone said "Telstra wifi" in top left corner.   Made in and out calls again between iPhone and landline and - Hey Presto - system kicked in and now works 100%. 

So if you're trying to set up a new phone at home (especially a BYO phone) and you live outside normal mobile coverage - you need to take a drive to a good normal signal area for that first call to be registered by your new phone - then the wifi system will allow incoming calls when you're home again outside normal coverage.

technOH

Sorry - new update guys !       This worked ONCE - next day, test call failed and I'm back to square 1.

Telstra has been hopeless on this issue with about 8 calls to "techs" in Manilla - no success.   3 calls to Telstra Shop - no tech support available.  Won't discuss on phone (Yr a PHONE company !).  Even call to Telstra Country Wide (remember that ?) was answered electronically and then diverted to - Manilla.

I've lodged complaint (after 2 weeks trying) and issue is now to be escalated to higher skills level.  Where these skills ?  -  Manila !       I'll keep you advised.

technOH

Help please !      Further to incoming calls problem.            My incoming calls go straight to message bank with no ring tone or delay.  This indicates possible prob with ring tone timer setting.   If I follow the **61*101** etc routine I get screen telling me settings registered and then a "DISMISS" button on screen.        If I press DISMISS button am I dismissing just screen content or the ring tone timer setting I just installed ?

technOH

Here's the solution Guys.     None of the alternatives offered in this section will solve the problem (unless DND is on !).       Neither will it help to reset ring tone times with **61* etc etc.         This is inconvenient but it works as follows:

NOTE I found the need to perform this solution on my iphone6 model A1549.

(1) After activating phone and applying settings per Telstra Wifi Calling instructions, use the phone to make a test call from a location  within normal mobile coverage area.  Have some one call you back so you receive an incoming call.      

(2) Do not switch off the phone at any stage from now.

(3) Take phone to yr location outside the normal mobile coverage zone.     Once within yr domestic location wifi range watch top left corner of screen.  Initially will probably show "No Service" then within a minute or so it should show "Telstra Wifi Call" with wifi icon.

(4) Now phone has connected yr wifi system you can make incoming and outgoing calls without problems.

(5) It appears necessary that you do not switch off phone anytime after step 1 until you've made another test call from yr location outside the normal coverage area.  Once you've made a few more test calls in and out, you may switch off the phone and slide power off without now interrupting the setting.

Good Luck !

technOH

See entry below for 19 -11-17 under TechnOH

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit