LN87
Level 3: Gumshoe

Can’t connect cellular watch to Telstra One

I just signed up to a new Telstra plan to use cellular on my Apple SE Cellular watch. I am receiving this error message on the Apple Watch App:

"Your Telstra account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact Telstra at 13-22-00 for more information".

I believe it may be related to ‘mobile protect’ being enabled, but I am also getting an error, non-authorised access when I try to ‘manage’ this from the app and online.

Can anyone help as the online chat people have so far been useless and keep leaving the chat without any progress. I went into a Telstra store who were also unable to help. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
elisha257
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Can’t connect cellular watch to Telstra One

I read in another thread that only telstra cab actually remove Mobile Protect. Unfortunately I think it will be a phone call or store visit. 

I can't get past the log in screen - keeps saying my details are incorrect. Argh!

LN87

I've already been in store and they couldn't do it... Also, is there even a phone number you can call these days? the 132 200 number hangs up after a automated message, and I've not had 8 people from offshore send me one response on the 'live support' app and then never return...

Carm4
Level 1: Cadet

Have had trips to both Telstra and Apple with same problem during the past three weeks. I have a new Apple Watch SE (GPS and Cellular). At last visit to Apple was told that because of new Telstra plans Apple security was not allowing connection to Telstra 1 number. Telstra and Apple were working on problem but did not expect fix until 20 April 2021. 

LN87

I got the cellular on the watch to work by doing a full phone restore - make sure you back up to iCloud! 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit