Schmidtty_79
Level 2: Rookie

Can’t receive messages from some android phones

Just got an iPhone 13, but am having issues with messages from android phones. My wife has a Samsung S20 fe, I can send her messages, but I don’t receive any from her. Same problem from my mates Samsung S10. Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Can’t receive messages from some android phones

Are the Samsung phones that you mention both using the Telstra mobile network?.

How long has the problem occurred?.

Schmidtty_79

Yes they are all with Telstra

Dowser

I suggest that you try the following (in order):

1. Restarting your iPhone, & test

2 Turning off iMessage, & test

3. Reset your network settings, & test

4. Reset all settings, & test

Schmidtty_79

I tried putting my new sim card into my old iPhone 8 but get the same issue. When I went into Telstra they couldn’t use my old prepaid sim so they had to set me up with a new sim and new number. Then they cancelled my prepaid and moved my number over to the new sim. My sister in law who has a Samsung also but it on the Optus network can message me fine also. A real head scratcher. 

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Have you disabled iMessage on your previous iPhone?  That is the classical cause.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Schmidtty_79

Yes, everything  is turned off on my old phone. It’s not iMessage I’m having trouble with anyway. Thanks for the input mate. 

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

There's a chance RCS (Rich Communication Services) is the issue. Try turning RCS off in her messaging settings, and see if your messages land okay.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Schmidtty_79

Still no joy. Went back into the Telstra store again for the 2nd time to try to get it sorted. The helpful staff tried to help, but couldn’t work it out. He even used the store Samsung to send a message to his iPhone 13 and he didn’t receive it either. I’ve been escalated to lvl 2 faults, but haven’t heard from anyone. I’m paying for a service, but not receiving messages is super annoying. 

Dowser

It could be worthwhile repeating that test, and then inserting your SIM card into one of the store’s iPhones to test if the problem lies with your iPhone or with your Telstra mobile service.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit