Level 2: Rookie

Cancelled Iphone 6+ preorder

Hey everyone, 

At approximately 3pm friday 26th september, i received a text with a tracking number (1-**************). I then proceed to check the status of my order and it said "delayed" (this was just before work wrapping up for the day 450pm). Assuming it was an issue with telstra not having any stock I let it go and proceed to leave work and carry on with my evening.

At the end of my night and when i finally got home, 1130pm, i checked the 1- number again so i could read everything that was detailed. to my surprised the order was now cancelledThere was no notification of any sort, be it email, phone call or sms. 

Given that I ordered this phone midnight 12th (technically 13th), and its now been a solid 2 weeks, does this mean I have been thrown to the back of the iphone 6+ queue?

I've been an exisiting customer with telstra since the original iPhone 5, with all bills paid on time no fraud/credit history. Throughout the whole preorder saga, i was patient and sat back to watch what happened. But now I'm starting to get annoyed. 

Please, and i am asking in the nicest possible manner, can some one provide me with some information as to what is going on?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Cancelled Iphone 6+ preorder

This has happened to quite a few of us on here. Latest theory is that pre orders are expiring after a certain amount of time of being unfilled. Not sure if this is correct I have just given up.
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Level 2: Rookie

so from what i gather, the other will reactivate itself again?

Level 5: Eagle Eye

Raising the possiblity of a zombie order is realistic

who knows?

people have been getting 2 phones

just drive a stake through the phone if you are lucky enough to get one

Level 7: Deputy Inspector

@Rumpole wrote:

Raising the possiblity of a zombie order is realistic

who knows?

Zombie Order! Love it! I hope mine is a zombie order. 

Level 4: Private Eye

@gerdschenkel  @Yannick  this would be a good point for you to weigh in, surely?

This has also happenend to my order 1-279650113351 overnight after having been told by a Telstra representive yesterday that the order would be fulfilled within 1-3 weeks (a vast  oversight considering my pre-order was placed on the 13/09/14 - along with many other veiwing this thead, I've no doubt).

Please, clarification is in order.

Thank-you.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi slient_type!

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your iPhone order! If you have not already done so, have a chat to our online order team on 1300 131 113 and we can follow this up with you!

Cheers.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit