Sanch1
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot activate Telstra one number

I got my Apple Watch SE cellular + gps for Christmas and I’m having difficulty activating Telstra one number. I get the error message sorry something. Went wrong .I have also contacted you guys and followed every step that I was told and still I get the same message. Any ideas one how to fix this

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cannot activate Telstra one number

Try turning WiFi off and just leaving bluetooth on. It may take a few hours or overnight as a lot of people are trying to activate their Christmas gifts. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
absmith89

I’m having exactly the same issue! 

Else

I got new watch for birthday in October and still can’t activate one number, says it active on my account, but i get the same message, something went wrong, try again later. Have been trouble shooting for last 6 weeks and still not working.....very annoying...not happy...no one seems to know how to fix it.

Sanch1

Hi else, 

I tried following the steps Jupiter suggested up top they seemed to work. I was texting Telstra support last night took a lot of pushing to get directed to a person he knew what they were doing. But Ye I suggested doing what Jupiter suggested and also give texting Telstra support as well 

MJ83
Level 2: Rookie

I'm having the exact same problem but with a galaxy watch and Samsung phone. Even after resets and reinstalling apps, no luck and Telstra reps telling me there are menu options that don't exist. Did anyone get this working?

EthanG
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @MJ83, could you send us a private message with some details around what device you are using to try and set this up? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Katnap83

I am having the same issue. I’ve had the most frustrating experience in trying to get the issue resolved. The online tech support team kept telling me it was because it wasn’t activated and so I ask how to activate it, and they tell me to go into the app and activate it - so I tell them again I can’t as I get the error. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit