KO67
Level 1: Cadet

Cant take or recieve calls after porting mobile over a few weeks back OPTUS to TELSTRA

Answered

Help!  I cant get any assistance from TELSTRA, they just say they have high volumes of issues and I have to wait (but I have waited over 45 minutes several times to get some help to no avail)....I have an iphone 8S, which I transferred from OPTUS to Telstra a few weeks ago.  That all went well, but from yesterday morning, I can no longer take or receive phone calls.  SMS, internet and face time / Messenger are still all OK and useable.  I have tried all the trouble shoooting pages and suggestions (turn phone off and on/ reset/ take SIM out and put back in/ look at flight mode/ etc etc) no luck.  Any ideas appreciated - anyone?  Could it be a delayed porting issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Cant take or recieve calls after porting mobile over a few weeks back OPTUS to TELSTRA

That usually means that Optus haven't completed the porting process correctly. They need to put a redirect entry into the phone numbers database to redirect incoming calls/messages to the Telstra network. You will need to ask Telstra to contact the Optus porting team to get it rectified.

The easiest way at the moment is to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response and you will receive a notification through your mobile when they do.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: Cant take or recieve calls after porting mobile over a few weeks back OPTUS to TELSTRA

That usually means that Optus haven't completed the porting process correctly. They need to put a redirect entry into the phone numbers database to redirect incoming calls/messages to the Telstra network. You will need to ask Telstra to contact the Optus porting team to get it rectified.

The easiest way at the moment is to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response and you will receive a notification through your mobile when they do.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

KO67
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for this!

i am waiting online for help (again) via mytelstra app. 
i switched from optus to telstra in January this year and its been fine til now. A delayed porting issue perhaps....

thanks again for your advice 😊

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit