Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Changed Telstra password and now bigpond emails are not working

I changed my Telstra ID password and now I can't get into my bigpond emails on my computer or iphone. The Telstra password doesn't work and all the passwords I thought it would be aren't working. I have just managed to get emails through the Telstra site Bigpond Webmail.

No one at Telstra answers calls or emails.  I have had to go to the Telstra shop twice already for other issues.  Really don't want to go again, especially as we are supposed to be in lockdown!

Ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Changed Telstra password and now bigpond emails are not working

If you can access your mail directly through the Telstra website but not on your PC (through Outlook I assume), it sounds like the passwords for those devices/programs need to be updated. The fact that you can access email directly through our site shows that you have the right password for it. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Changed Telstra password and now bigpond emails are not working

I had to visit the Telstra shop as Telstra support is non existent.  
Yes, for anyone else having the same issue, in layman terms - on iPhone go to settings, passwords and accounts, choose the email account (biigpond for me) and put the new password in there. I did a similar thin on my Mac and it worked.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit