Level 1: Cadet

Connection

Hi,

I am currently building a new home and the builder has advised me that their electricians have completed the phone run in from the house to the verge but could not connect to the Telstra dig pit. Is there a number that I can call to talk (to an actual person) about this matter or an email address I can send details to ? Calling 13 22 00 and using the 24x7 chat have yielded no meaningful results as the selection menus does not have the option to cover this matter.

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Connection

You need to order a service to get that connection done. Once you order a new connection, Telstra or NBN Co (depending on where you are) will run the connection from the end of your conduit to the pit and pull the line through. Connections to the pit aren't made before a service has been ordered.

You can order a new connection either through the Telstra website https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/plans , by visiting a Telstra Store, or by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) or by calling 132200 and saying "Sales" or "New Connection" at the prompt.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you Jupiter for the information. I have followed up with the builder with a question: 'Does it have to be Telstra or is it more for the phone/internet service provider that we will choose to go for in the future?' to which the builder responded 'Yes as it the property of Telstra infrastructure, regardless if your provider is not Telstra.'

Based on the response from the builder, it appears that Telstra will have to connect it regardless of what provider I choose in the future. Are we missing something ?

If you are in an NBN enabled area it will be NBN Co who does the connection. If you are in an area where the NBN has not been rolled out (or is a Fixed Wireless or Skymuster area) then Telstra will do the work.

If you choose to have a service with another provider, then when you order that service with them, they will place the connection order with Telstra or NBN Co to get the connection to the pit made.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit