Jc78
Level 1: Cadet

Cracked iphone 6 screen

Dropped my new iphone a couple of days ago and have almost shattered the screen. I've been quoted nearly $400 in an apple store to replace - do I have any alternatives, as this seems really steep for such a new phone?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Tucker
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Cracked iphone 6 screen

Try and find a tech who can fix em...I would assume it would be cheaper than a direct replacement from apple
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Bad luck there JC, but that would be about the going price, especially as this phone has only just hit the streets. No pun intended with that by the way.

It would be highly unlikely that anyone outside Apple i'm afraid at this stage would even have a replacement screen.

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Caaf

I take it you dont have AppleCare Plus? It may not be to late to purchase?

http://store.apple.com/xc/product/S5096Z/A?cid=mail%20share

$129 then $99 for replacement.. You'll get one more $99 replacement over two years.

Cheers,
Dave

DEANJA

Not a bad idea CAAF only problem is, that post delivery here in Australia, you have to get that through an Apple store, and present YOUR phone for inspection. I don't think it would past muster by the sounds of it.

The Online purchase is only available prior to delivery. NB they also check the serial numbers!!!

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Caaf

True.. I did read that! Just thought I'd put it out there.. When the OP gets a replacement hopefully purchase that at the same time (if viable) as clearly a fumble master needs insurance..

Cheers,
Dave

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit